PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new ride!

RUBigDog05
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I drove up to Chesapeake, VA yesterday to sel my truck and pick up my new ride.........a Torch Red 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1!! It had 9,999.3 miles on it when I left the guys driveway. The car was very well maintained. It has a few chips on the front and the right front rim was curbed a little but those are no biggies to me because a little touch up can fix the chips and new rims will be going on it anyways hopefully by this summer. Best of all, it gets A LOT BETTER gas mileage than the truck I had. The car runs smooth, has awesome power and the shaker looks incredible when looking out over the hood. It needs a complete "Detail OVERHAUL" as I call it so that will be going on today since I can`t drive it because I don`t have the title or MY tags for it yet. I had to drive it home on his tags last night because the computer system that links his bank and DMV was down all day yesterday so DMV couldn`t do an emergency title release. He should have today and will next day it to me as soon as he gets it so I can send his tags back to him. He was a great guy, told me everything about the car and I could tell he was sad to see her go. He has nothing to worry about...she`s in good hands and will be taken care of as if it was a baby. I`m in love with her already just because of the gas mileage compared to my truck. Pics coming later on today or tomorrow depending how anal I get with detailing

CharlesW
02-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Congratulations!
Wait till you try the "loud pedal", it will be even more enjoyable. Of course the gas mileage may suffer a little, but it will still probably be better than the truck.:)

Does it require premium fuel?

Charles

JaredPointer
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Congrats on your new ride. :)

joyriide1113
02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Congratulations! I see speeding tickets in your future! lol.. Sorry for jinxing!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

JaCkaL829
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the new car purchase. Definately looking forward to pictures of it all cleaned up. Any process/products planned out so far?

I`m guessing yes as all the GTs do.

jaybs02
02-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Very cool, Congrats on the new ride :cheers

"J"

RUBigDog05
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Congratulations!
Wait till you try the "loud pedal", it will be even more enjoyable. Of course the gas mileage may suffer a little, but it will still probably be better than the truck.:)

Charles

Yes it does because of the high compression. If it doesn`t get premium, it will cause spark knock. I filled her last night before I drive her home and it was only $32 with gas at like $2.20-40..can`t remember. Its a lot better compared to $50 or MORE for the truck depending where the fuel guage was at. I`m very pleased with the gas mileage on the Mach 1. I know it could be better with a V6 but what fun is that?!!?

DetailQueen
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Congrats, have fun with her!

CharlesW
02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Yes it does because of the high compression. If it doesn`t get premium, it will cause spark knock.The reason I aked: Many people will make comments about buying a car that needs premium fuel. (Most of my wife`s have needed premium.:))
To put it into perspective.
Premium costs 10 to 20 cents more per gallon.
You will get at least 20 miles per gallon.
You will probably drive about 12,000 miles a year.
12,000 miles/20 mpg = 600 gallons of gas.
At 20 cents extra, that`s $120 a year. Heck, I spend more than that on Pepsi.:)

Charles

RUBigDog05
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
The reason I aked: Many people will make comments about buying a car that needs premium fuel. (Most of my wife`s have needed premium.:))
To put it into perspective.
Premium costs 10 to 20 cents more per gallon.
You will get at least 20 miles per gallon.
You will probably drive about 12,000 miles a year.
12,000 miles/20 mpg = 600 gallons of gas.
At 20 cents extra, that`s $120 a year. Heck, I spend more than that on Pepsi.:)

Charles

Yeah right now at this point in my life...I don`t care. I"m 22 years old, single, trying to figure out what to do with my life career wise and I don`t go out and waste money on alcohol, drugs or cigarettes. I`d much rather spend that money to have a nice car that I can go to shows with and hopefully join a Mustang club or something to interact with other Mustang lovers and go crusing with. Ok I need to stop coming inside to check my computer and get her cleaned up....I`m working on just the interior right now. Be back later..haha

DARKSTI
02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
GTs can take regular gas, but the 4vs (Cobras/Machs) need at least 91

maximv1
02-01-2006, 10:01 PM
enjoy the new ride!! and don`t forget the fuzz buster.:w00t:

CBlakeNS
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Congrats, I live about 20 minutes from Chesapeake!

jdubb5005
02-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I don`t know if you guys have kwik trips out there, but typically premium and regular are the same price here or maybe 5 cents different. It is also top tier gasoline, car and driver did a write up on it, supposed to be pretty good.