PDA

View Full Version : Indestructible Stain

OnTheSpotMobile
11-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Here is a cushion from the bed inside a speed boat cabin. You can see a pretty nasty stain in amongst the pattern. I used my regular pre-spray and extracted it, nothing, the water bounces off these cushions and rolls all the way to the edge before sinking into the fabric. I used some heavy general cleaner, and then I used a spot remover spray that usually takes just about anything off with a bit of agitation. The stain got more pronounced when I sprayed it the first time and it didn`t budge with the previously mentioned steps. None of the stains came off these cushions !!?? This is one thing that frustrates me about boat detailing, things just don`t work sometimes. Anyone have similar experiences with boat interiors?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb292/black_sunshine_photos/photo4.jpg

Jpostal
11-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I did a Sea Swirl that had a leak in the cuddy which caused similar staining on the cushions. I could not get it out with an extractor even with a lane cleaner pre-spray. I just got a VX5000 steamer and am waiting for an opportunity to try it on a stain like that. Let me know if you find anything that works.

LS1-MEX
11-20-2010, 02:26 AM
try soaking it with some 100% strength APC and shoot it with a power washer