PDA

View Full Version : Similar to Meguiars Wheel Brightener

soundwordz08
11-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Is there anything similar to Meguairs Wheel Brightener that be be found OTC? I`m more of a hobby detailer and a few people approached me to detailed their cars as they were driving by and saw the car I just detailed. They want me to do their car ASAP so I need it somewhat in a hurry and really have no use for a gallon since this is just for some extra cash for the holidays. Thanks

Edit:

My main concern is caked on brake dust. I took a quick glance at the cars and while the interior looked decent, the rims looked like it has not been cleaned in a while.

BigAl3
11-17-2010, 12:09 AM
while not as strong as WB but does a great job, pick up some eagle one all wheel & tire cleaner (can be had at walmart for under $5 a bottle)...

A2Z™ All Wheel & Tire Cleaner (http://eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1003&cat=5005)

http://eagleone.com/images/products/AWTC.jpg

soundwordz08
11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. How is Eagle one compared to Meguiars APC 5:1? That`s what I was using on todays car and barely got anywhere with it. I may just try APC 1:1 if I am not able to find anything else.

BigAl3
11-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. How is Eagle one compared to Meguiars APC 5:1? That`s what I was using on todays car and barely got anywhere with it. I may just try APC 1:1 if I am not able to find anything else.

it works better than APC ime, and when you spray it, you`ll see the brown gunk start drippin off within a few minutes. just make sure to have good tools to clean the wheels, tires, wells, etc,. here`s an example of what it does and though they say to just hose off, i would still use brushes...

YouTube - Eagle One 2 minute Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxBaZm3Vkik)

Toymachine2009
11-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I though eagle one was a knock off company.. I know I tried there tire shire before and threw it out due to it lasted maybe 20 min

Dan
11-17-2010, 09:07 AM
I though eagle one was a knock off company.. I know I tried there tire shire before and threw it out due to it lasted maybe 20 min

Eagle one makes plenty of good products. You are so fast to dismiss a product. I agree with BigAl3, the A2Z is a fantastic product for OTC brute strength. Also Wheel Brightener is available in sample sizes from ADS.

paco
11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
I used A2Z back in the day when it was in the orange bottle and yeah, decent stuff.

Be careful with WB and Sonax`s cleaner. If the rims have chips, scratches etc or are uncoated you could end up doing a very significant amount of damage. Try the A2Z as it`s good enough to serve the needs you described above. If not, then maybe .. maybe ... step up to something more powerful.

Accumulator
11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I used A2Z back in the day when it was in the orange bottle and yeah, decent stuff..

I used that with good results on some service loaners. But didn`t they reformulate it, making the current version a lot weaker?

I`m using up my old acidic stuff from TOL, not sure what I`ll replace it with since they don`t stock it any more :confused: WB spooks me a bit, what with all the chips/etc. on the wheels I`d use it on...neutralizing with APC/etc. doesn`t always head off problems when you`re dealing with bare aluminum.

Kean
11-17-2010, 01:01 PM
A2Z is actually the strongest wheel & tire cleaner I have in my cabinets at the moment. It`s likely not as effective as some other cleaners in extreme cases but it has worked well for me (so far) on relatively tough jobs. ....but I`m simply an enthusiast who occasionally helps family/friends with their vehicles. I rarely need/use A2Z on my own cars except for the occasional tire cleaning (product build-up removal) which it really handles well.

Dan
11-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Another thing to mention is A2Z is frequently BOGO at Advance Auto.