PDA

View Full Version : Veteran`s Day Message

Old Pirate
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Also known as "Armistice Day", I would like to thank all Veteran`s of our great nation who gave the greatest service to their nation during peace time and war.

In November 1919, President Wilson proclaimed November 11 as the first commemoration of Armistice Day " Veteran`s Day " with the following words:

"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"

I would like to thank all my brothers and sisters who serve just like I did from 1974-1994, 2001-2002 (Vietnam to Afghanistan) Thank you!

Accumulator
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Hear Hear!!

Thanks for your service, folks :bow

Some Autopians have done, and given, more than somebody would ever guess, not that they make a big deal out of it.

Barry Theal
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
thanks for your service angelo and others who served for my freedom

BigAl3
11-11-2010, 03:05 PM
i was at the VA medical center a few days ago and seeing the disabled Vets and such, really opened my eyes even more (some of the Vets would spend all day there because they have no one else around :( ). a big THANK YOU to ALL that have served past & present, words can`t express it enough!

jimmybuffit
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I`m a disabled Viet Nam vet. I frequent the local VA hospital every 3-4 months.

The vast majority of the vets that I see there are much older than I. Many are WW2 vets.

God Bless Them All!

"If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read this in English, thank a veteran."