PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax wheel brush question

solekeeper
11-09-2010, 09:18 PM
hey guys, I`m going to be purchasing this brush.. I need to use it for cleaning in between lugs, and reach into calipers, and I would like to use it for jambs as well..

Anyone who has this, is it tough enough? Or should I just buy a boars head?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/swissvax-wheelbrush.aspx

thanks!

2005GTPinMD
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I use the boar`s head one for cleaning between the spokes etc. It works like a charm and it is cheaper, too. As for using it on the jambs etc. I would get a second brush as I personally I would be concerned about break dust becoming lodged in the brush and scratching the paint.

Lug Nut Brush,Clean Wheel Brush,clean brake calipers, clean lug nuts, boar`s hair wheel brush, best wheel brush, wheel lug nuts (http://www.autogeek.net/lug-nut-brush.html)

solekeeper
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
i saw that one as well^

any good brushes for jambs?

v|nsan|ty
11-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I recently ordered the swissvax brush intended for cleaning up the emblems and grill during wash. I never saw that boar`s hair one before. Hmmm

Accumulator
11-10-2010, 10:54 AM
IME BHBs rinse *SO* clean that you don`t have to worry about debris getting stuck in them and then scratching paint. Just keep it clean and you oughta be OK.

That said, I prefer different BHBs (rectangular "paint brush" type ones) for use in jambs than I use on wheels (round ones like in the link).

Note that good BHBs (used properly) are so gentle that they don`t really do much of any scrubbing, so you need to use chemicals that`ll do the required work with a minimum of mechanical agitation.

solekeeper
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
accumulator, what are bhb`s?

and have you ever used the swissvax brushes?

Jean-Claude
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I`ve had my sv wheel brush for 2`ish years and other than a minor split in the red binder, it is still perfect. I love it and believe me when I say that sucker is abused.

solekeeper
11-10-2010, 03:08 PM
thanks jean, thats what I wnated to hear! Thought sv was just charging for the name.. lol I think I`m gonna buy that one along with the boars head. I need a good wash mitt that won`t rip in 2 washes too..

Toymachine2009
11-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I been debating on getting this Exact same brush. I cant bring myself to pay $20 dollars for a single brush tho especially when it looks like I can pick up something similar at lowes or michaels for 2.99

I really want it but 12.99 + $8.00 shipping = about $21.00 for a brush.. I want it..

the one on autogeek thats $7.99 vs the one $12.99

Are they essentially the same brush?

Accumulator
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
accumulator, what are bhb`s?

Boar`s Hair Brush. (Not Boar`s *Head* Brush ;) )

..have you ever used the swissvax brushes?

Nope.

solekeeper
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
lol, k thanks.. Hey mind if I shoot ya a pm about pakshak`s mf`s? (If you`ve ever ordered from them)

akimel
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I really like the SV detailing brush. I know it`s expensive, but I haven`t found any other brush that quite works as well. It`s also the perfect size for cleaning lug nuts, etc.

Toymachine2009
11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I want that brush but it`s just like damn $20 for a brush... Anyone try that uber spoke brush?

Accumulator
11-11-2010, 11:20 AM
lol, k thanks.. Hey mind if I shoot ya a pm about pakshak`s mf`s? (If you`ve ever ordered from them)

I`m cool with PMs, and FWIW I am a big fan of the guys at PakShak. I use a *LOT* of their MFs and recommend them highly.

Bunky
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I have two SV size brushes from DD. They seem to work fine but noticed a few hairs come out. They have not fallen apart as some claim so that is good. I do not use them on lug nuts --use that plastic T-shaped tool with foam inserts from AG or PAC.