PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for leather cleaner / conditioner

tssdetailing
11-05-2010, 10:44 PM
So i`m in search for a new leather cleaner/conditioner pair. I need a solid `one-two` punch that I can clean a seat with then slather it with conditioner. I`ve heard good buzz about leather masters but i can`t seem to find any `how to` on it-so please post up. From what I`m seeing there are different levels of cleaners and a variety of conditioners/protectants. I`ve used Leatherique, love it to death but I can`t process a car`s interior efficiently with it due to the amount of time it takes to work. I`m currently using Adams Leather cleaner/conditioner pair. It`s good, not great. Light colored seats typically take about 2 passes to remove heavy soiling and I`ll typically lift about 90%. The conditioner is nice, but too shiney for me.

Toymachine2009
11-06-2010, 01:58 AM
I personally use an APC or HD total And horse hair brush.. It cleans them up really well.. Then just apply a protectant such as optimum or 303 etc.

maarten22
11-06-2010, 07:49 AM
The Leather Master twins are really great! Not greasy at all.

tssdetailing
11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
can you tell me how to use them? Is it like anything... spray, scrub, wipe, condition? Also, they make 2 cleaners, a "soft" and "strong" cleaner as well as a "Vital" and "protection" conditioner. Which are the "twins" you mentioned?

tssdetailing
11-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I personally use an APC or HD total And horse hair brush.. It cleans them up really well.. Then just apply a protectant such as optimum or 303 etc.

See, depending on how bad of condition a seat is in, I will do that. The horse hair brush is nice for spreading the cleaner around, but I think the stiff bristle brush is best for getting the dirt out.

Toymachine2009
11-06-2010, 11:07 AM
See, depending on how bad of condition a seat is in, I will do that. The horse hair brush is nice for spreading the cleaner around, but I think the stiff bristle brush is best for getting the dirt out.

I never thought of a stiff bristle brush for leather.. I thought it would scratch.. Mind posting a link to one you got so I can see what they look like? Now im interested in getting one..

tssdetailing
11-06-2010, 01:40 PM
ha! leather is TOUGH man. It wants to be abused. Doing so helps to open up the pores and get your cleaners into the hyde. Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html)

maarten22
11-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I always use the Soft cleaner for leather that doesn`t look too bad and the Strong cleaner for really dirty leather. Then the Vital and last the Protectant. For well maintained leather you can use the Protectant as a one step. For the cleaner you can use a soft brush. The Vital and Protectant can be applied by a applicator. Both products need to dry on the leather and you need to wipe the seats with a microfiber afterwards.

tssdetailing
11-07-2010, 08:05 PM
that`s a LONG process....not sure if i`m going to like those products. I just ordered the $45 set of 3 small bottles, so we`ll see how it goes.

Toymachine2009
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
O man Im excited I just ordered that brush.. It was taking like 20 minutes a seat to clean with Horse hair and tooth brush.. So about 1 hour alone ON seats.. I am really hoping this does it in half the time about 10 minutes a seat.

tssdetailing
11-08-2010, 08:23 AM
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well, it`s all about technique and your ability to apply knowledge. Good luck. Remember, every car is different.

detailman1
11-08-2010, 08:29 AM
colorplus.com.Look her up on web World class supplies

tssdetailing
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
i just received the leather masters kit and they dont` even smell like leather...RAR!! and they don`t have instructions with them which irks me to death.