PDA

View Full Version : Gummi Pflege Cold Temperature Apply

shadow85
11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
What outside temperature is the limit for applying Gummi Pflege?

stiffdogg06
11-04-2010, 02:11 PM
I would think pretty low because it is advertised for extreme temps. Not really specified if that means extreme heat or cold.

Conditions rubber weather seals on car doors, windows and trunk lids reducing squeaks, rattles, wind noise and water leaks. Protects and keeps the rubber elastic. Restores color to dried out rubber. Protects against extreme temperature and UV rays. Solvent-free, water-based formula. Easy-to-use shoe polish type applicator makes application simple without the mess.

Tony1
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Conditions rubber weather seals on car doors, windows and trunk lids reducing squeaks, rattles, wind noise and water leaks. Protects and keeps the rubber elastic. Restores color to dried out rubber. Protects against extreme temperature and UV rays. Solvent-free, water-based formula. Easy-to-use shoe polish type applicator makes application simple without the mess.

Sounds like a typical water based rubber/vinyl dressing (Megs #40, 303, Mothers and about eleventy thousand other dressings out there). I have used them in all temps. If it`s too cold you will know it because it will ice up on the rubber. It`s water based after all.

Accumulator
11-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, if it`s warm enough that you`re out there trying to do it, then it oughta be warm enough for the stuff to work OK.

FWIW, I don`t use the applicator, but rather apply the product to a cloth/swab/whatever and use that instead. Once you get the bottle`s applicator sponge dirty (black transfer from the rubber) it *stays* dirty.