PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym HD application?

Wheelman916
11-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Has anyone applied AG HD Wax with a foam or MF applicator? Does the applicator need to be moistened regardless if it`s the included red app or a yellow foam app?

I mainly want to experiment with this wax on a friends car, and don`t want to use the included applicators...

Dan
11-04-2010, 06:55 AM
I used it on dry foam and had no issues. Key is to get it on nice and thin. It was harder to remove than most waxes, but not too bad.

TerryD
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I`m not a collector, but I couldn`t pass up trying this wax after reading some of the reviews. Walmart has it for $34.88, just as others have mentioned.

I`ve only used it with the inexpensive yellow foam applicators typically included with some of the other waxes out there, and I`ve applied it with the applicator both dry and damp (as recommended). It`s easier to apply with a damp applicator, and easier to remove (but not by much) after waiting the suggested 15 minutes or so. I think the damp applicator provides lubrication to the paint and helps apply a thinner coat.

The jury is still out on the durability aspect for me, but dust settles and sticks similar to my Collinite 476. It hasn`t rained, and I haven`t washed the vehicle yet, so I can`t comment on the beading.

TerryD