PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose replacement

Pages : [1] 2

samhian
10-31-2010, 08:45 AM
We recently purchased two used cars that have their typical paint/body issues. I was looking for an AIO that would work on paint, plastic/rubber trim and glass. I have used KAIO before and VM. In the past I perfered VM over KAIO, so I purchased a new bottle and used it on the wife`s Lexus yesterday topped with Poli-seal. The car turned out looking great.

I love how VM can go on every inch of the car. It was all the rage five years ago, what are you guys using in place of VM now?

Pats300zx
10-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Some of the replacements of VM are:

CG EZ Creme Glaze

Primo Amigo

All are great products.

wascallyrabbit
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
still use VM.

imported_DieselMDX
11-01-2010, 12:28 AM
i am a big VM fan/ zaino AIO

samhian
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, I`m glad to hear I`m not the only one still using it. It`s a great product.

Scottwax
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Still use it on paint that is in good condition or after polishing out swirls. Also like to mix it with Red Machine Glaze.

Tony1
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
We recently purchased two used cars that have their typical paint/body issues. I was looking for an AIO that would work on paint, plastic/rubber trim and glass. I have used KAIO before and VM. In the past I perfered VM over KAIO, so I purchased a new bottle and used it on the wife`s Lexus yesterday topped with Poli-seal. The car turned out looking great.

I love how VM can go on every inch of the car. It was all the rage five years ago, what are you guys using in place of VM now?

So let me get this straight. You purchased a new bottle of VM and it worked great for you and you want to replace it because it`s not "the rage" it was five years ago? It seems the product of the month club has a new member.

VM is still my favorite AIO type product. There is nothing easier to use IMO. Works on all surfaces, in the sun, in the cold, in dry or humid conditions, you name it and it just works. Why replace it?

Accumulator
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Anthony A- I don`t think samhian is necessarily looking to *replace* his VM, but rather is a) merely curious about how it gets so little mention these days and b) wondering what people use in place of it when they do go with a different product.

I don`t use mine much because I only use it on the (now mothballed) Jag (on certain trim pieces, under Souveran). On paint I prefer KAIO, ZAIO, SRP, or 1Z WPS, the choice from those four depending on numerous application-specific factors.

Q for you VM fans- How is today`s VM different from the older versions that were really vanilla-scented? I think my newest bottle must be at least four or five years old...

gav'spurplez
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
i still have a small amount, going to order the vanilla moose/red moose combo

side note,

i did notice that the CMW is different than years ago. it smells different and its more white than a beige creme color...........

Accumulator
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
..i did notice that the CMW is different than years ago. it smells different and its more white than a beige creme color...........

Notice any functional differences?

Tony1
11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Q for you VM fans- How is today`s VM different from the older versions that were really vanilla-scented? I think my newest bottle must be at least four or five years old...

I started using it just around the time they changed the sent. I purchased some 32 oz bottles and use it often. It has a very strong chemical smell, not vanilla at all. I read some where they changed the vanilla sent because it was causing problems with the bottle but now changed back to vanilla again (can`t confirm that though) . Any ways my VM is chemical smelling and very thin like water. Good cleaning ability and some minor correcting ability. Very slick, almost oily feeling on the paint. The easiest product to apply and remove I have used. It`s a joy on a PC.

Accumulator
11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Anthony A- Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that makes sense about the bottles as I did have some go bad with my V1.0. The V2.0 seemed to be the almost same stuff (maybe it *was* the same) but in a different bottle and that`s what I have on hand now.

Actually, I always found VM sorta chemical smelling; even the first batch, while having the vanilla scent, reminded me of the smell of old mil-spec cosmoline. It was kinda weird having something "food scented" remind me of that stuff!

gav'spurplez
11-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Notice any functional differences?

not at all, still an awesome product

DM101
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
What does the Yellow Cream Wax do? The web site just says makes surface smoother. It has to have other qualities than that.

samhian
11-02-2010, 06:49 PM
So let me get this straight. You purchased a new bottle of VM and it worked great for you and you want to replace it because it`s not "the rage" it was five years ago? It seems the product of the month club has a new member.

VM is still my favorite AIO type product. There is nothing easier to use IMO. Works on all surfaces, in the sun, in the cold, in dry or humid conditions, you name it and it just works. Why replace it?

Like I said, I love using it, hence the reason I purchased a new bottle. I`m just curious what everyone else is using.