PDA

View Full Version : Good Quick Detail Product

MatthewR87
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Greetings,

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good quick detail product. The other day I saw some new "Turtle Wax Ice" spray on wax that purported to fill in swirl marks and micro-scratches. Since I have a new black car that was treated poorly by the dealership this made me consider buying it but I`d like some feedback first. Are there better products out there that provide good protection, are relatively easy to use, and also conceal microscratches/swirl marks? Thanks!

gigondaz
10-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Turtle`s Platinum Quick Detailer (dark green bottle) has the ability to hide minor swirls cos it contains carnauba wax.

My customers` favourite is Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax - superb for black and dark colours.

MatthewR87
10-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Ok thanks! If I have dealership applied paint protection, will applying one of these products remove it? If it does remove it, would one of these products be better? Also, does anybody know what type of wax Ford dealerships generally use? I tried asking the service department but they couldn`t get me an answer. Thanks

Street5927
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
My suggestion is to correct the swirl marks and micro scratching and then top with a good sealant/wax. The "fillers" that you are talking about will only last so long before they need to be reapplied; which will probably be very often (especially on a black car).

MatthewR87
10-26-2010, 03:28 PM
I plan to have the micro-scratches corrected at some point, however the car is only 4 months old and I`m hesitant to buff away the clear coat so early in its life. For now I think I`d be satisfied with covering them up...I wash it often anyway so I wouldn`t mind waxing it as well.

BigAl3
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I plan to have the micro-scratches corrected at some point, however the car is only 4 months old and I`m hesitant to buff away the clear coat so early in its life. For now I think I`d be satisfied with covering them up...I wash it often anyway so I wouldn`t mind waxing it as well.

you should at least opt for an AIO (it will help clean up the paint a little bit, while offering some protection) and then use a spray wax in between (no sense doing a full paint correction with fall/winter upon us). at one point or another, you should invest in a DA if you already don`t have one (they are safe to use even for newbies). your hands can only do so much and they`ll never achieve the same/even uniformed results machine polishing can. here`s a informative video below...

Detailing Video, How to use the Porter Cable 7424 7336 polisher (http://paintcarendetailing.com/pc_video.html)