PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax Zuffenhausen

jw
10-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Has anyone tried this on their Porsche? How is it? Is it a noticeable improvment to other cheaper alternatives?

AeroCleanse
10-24-2010, 08:52 AM
The only Swissvax I have used is Saphir. Its great, but I think DodoJuice Supernatural is better.

jw
10-24-2010, 10:02 PM
No Zuffenhausen users?

gigondaz
10-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Has anyone tried this on their Porsche? How is it? Is it a noticeable improvment to other cheaper alternatives?

I have tested Swissvax waxes extensively years ago, and I maintain (till this day), that there`s very little diff between their ONYX and their much more expensive stuff. I do lots of Porsches, and hv used Zuffenhausen. No big deal at all. Even if there was a diff, it was not significantly noticeable. Certainly not worth that exorbitant price. I wouldn`t even consider their cheaper Concorso.

For me, Swissvax Onyx is the ONLY Swissvax wax I will use on a regular basis. My Porsche customers agree with me, and hv even kept their Onyx at my shop.

Tip: Somehow, inexplicably, Swissvax waxes seem to be most durable when applied on top of their pure polish (called Cleaner Fluid).

So, after proper surface prep, use CFluid, and then apply the wax. 2 layers of Onyx on your Porsche, and you`ll be quite impressed.

IMO...much better than P21s/S100.

jw
10-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I`ve been using Wet Diamond, will the swissvax provide a deeper shine?

gigondaz
10-27-2010, 07:25 AM
I`ve been using Wet Diamond, will the swissvax provide a deeper shine?

IMO, on well-prepped black and dark colours, Swissvax exhibits much more "depth" than BFWD.

Keywords that come to my mind with Onyx and other Swissvaxes:

super rich, moisturised, sophisticated look, classy,

Swissvax Onyx gives a very deep, warm and sophisticated look that`s not as reflective as BFWD.

On certain colours (eg: dark burgundy, British racing green, black, deep violet etc), some people like that dark, rich, sophisticated look.

Those who like the reflective sealant look will naturally find BFWD quite appealing.

But some of my customers dislike that sterile sealant look and seek something a little "special".

8yrs ago, I was a hardcore Zainophile. One day, I reverted to carnauba, used the Onyx and I was knocked off my feet!!! Wow!! What a refreshing change! It looked totally different and I loved it.

Swissvax USA
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I have been detailing for almost 14 years, and have used Swissvax Zuffenhausen on numerous Porsches this Turbo S is done with it, give it a shot you will be suprised of the resulte over the standard wax, but like said above it`s all in the prep work!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/monacodetailer/964%20Turbo%20S/SL385935.jpg