PDA

View Full Version : A few 845 questions

Fallz
10-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I have both 845 and 476. I have for the first time since I had this stuff (for a year) tried the 845 last night . Previously I had 476 on . I DG polish and added a coat of 845 a week later . I like the ease of use and the shine for my DD . (med.met.gray 4runner).

I did use a PC with a megs fin pad to apply it (845) and work it in pretty well. It looks nice .

1> can I layer or do multiple coats ??

2> can I use on windows ??

3> how long between coats ??

4> should I top with 476 or trust the 845 to get me through winter.

The 476 did impress me last winter . Had 2 coats on and lasted very well even using car washes. We have ****** , road salty winters here so thats all I can use is car washes . yes I know it sucks , but the 476 ended up to be totally detergent resistant for me . In spring it beaded real good after all winter and still shined great .

Thank you

Accumulator
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I have both 845 and 476. I have for the first time since I had this stuff (for a year) tried the 845 last night . Previously I had 476 on . I DG polish and added a coat of 845 a week later . I like the ease of use and the shine for my DD . (med.met.gray 4runner).

I did use a PC with a megs fin pad to apply it (845) and work it in pretty well. It looks nice .

1> can I layer or do multiple coats ??

Yes. I never got great durability until I tried layering it (and then I did), so IMO it *does* layer. But I usually do a coat of 476S as the second coat and then go back to 845 for subsequent layers/maintenance applications.

2> can I use on windows ??

I don`t wax glass, but other people do it and 845 shouldn`t be any worse than any other wax for this.

3> how long between coats ??

I wait at least a day and often just do the next coat after the next wash.

4> should I top with 476 or trust the 845 to get me through winter.

I`d do the 845/476S/845 "sandwich" and then just refresh with 845 as needed. That`s what I`ve done best with.

The 476 did impress me last winter . Had 2 coats on and lasted very well even using car washes. We have ****** , road salty winters here so thats all I can use is car washes . yes I know it sucks , but the 476 ended up to be totally detergent resistant for me . In spring it beaded real good after all winter and still shined great .

IME 476S is generally quite a bit more durable than 845, not that 845 is lousy or anything. But every now and then I have some vehicle/surface that 845 simply does not last on :nixweiss In those cases I usually just use 476S.