PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Royce Phantom Paint

irsankao
10-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Funny thing is the body is made of what....plastik? fiber glass? It doesn`t sound like metal when I knocked it with my finger and this thing is hell to buff to swirl free.

I could get it done to slightly swirled but I couldn`t get the last swirl out.

What combination do you guys suggest to polish out the swirls?

imported_DieselMDX
10-04-2010, 03:50 AM
megs 105/wool?

irsankao
10-04-2010, 04:11 AM
I could get it down to slight swirl, just need the finishing touch to finish off the light swirl, this thing is like plastic

imported_DJ Mayo
10-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Menzerna 106FA via black LC pad worked flawlessly to finish on the Rolls I worked on months back. It was the 3rd step in the process. This was using the Makita.

irsankao
10-04-2010, 09:17 AM
black LC the flat one? or CCS? or which of the LC pads?

Thanks for the reply

gigondaz
10-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Funny thing is the body is made of what....plastik? fiber glass? It doesn`t sound like metal when I knocked it with my finger and this thing is hell to buff to swirl free.

I could get it done to slightly swirled but I couldn`t get the last swirl out.

What combination do you guys suggest to polish out the swirls?

Since the clearcoat appears to be very soft, I wont want to use anymore rotary buffing at this point when you`re about to finish up the job.

1. Flex DA (VRG) + Menz 106FF/FA + Megs Finishing Pad. Don`t buff off.

2. Immediately, use PC7424 + Menz PO85RD + Black Pad. Take your time and do it slowly. Buff off.

If you still see some very light swirls....

PC7424 + Megs Swirl free Polish + Black Pad.

David Fermani
10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Phantoms & Dropheads have very soft and workable paint. M105 via LC orange (DA) and then 85RD / LC white can easily cut through the defects like butter. Use the Kevin Bown Method (KBM) for the win!