PDA

View Full Version : Detail supplies around Boston, specifically Einszett

twilightx
09-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Hi all, first time posting but always go to Autopia for good reading! I did a little search but only came up with old info or nothing at all...has anyone in the metro Boston area recently come across 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax recently? I`ve also been on the hunt for Collinite 845 without any luck.

Normally I`d be ordering online but I just got some free time tomorrow and wanted to pick up 1Z on my lunch break. Either that, or the Collinite will do...any help is appreciated!

JCturboT
09-29-2010, 06:11 AM
First off- Welcome to you.

Regarding Collonite...

I know Harbor Freight Tools use to stock Collinite 845 for a great price but rumor was they no longer have it in stock, might be worth a call though.

Harbor Freight Coupons | Discount Coupons for Harbor Freight Tools (http://www.harborfreight.com/more-couponsusa.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=`harbor%20freight`&utm_campaign=Harbor%20Freight&gclid=CIzg8p6_rKQCFUNM5QodkU4Pag)

Also, try calling an Advance Auto parts and see if they can order it for you as well as the local one around central MA had it in the past.

I ordered my Collinite from e-bay in the past with free shipping.

Jeff

Jokeman
09-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Detailed Image. Order from them you will have it the next day. If you want Collinite local try Allied Technologies in Woburn MA

twilightx
09-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Nuts, so no sightings locally...thanks for the info though!

I went to two Advanced Autos who said they had stock of Collinite but to no avail - false positive.

bigltc
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
I`ve seen collinite at some boating supply stores. Try one in your area.

tom p.
10-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I`ve seen and purchased Collinite products at the larger marine supply stores. I believe West Marine would be a candidate. I went to a marine supply store somewhere off the SE Expwy…I do not recall the name.

I`ve never seen 1Z products in a retail outlet.

I`ve seen a few Surf City and Autoglym products at pepboi, but some of them are not items I`d never look for. Walmart has the AG wax for $35.

My body shop supply guy (in Milford MA) orders me any Meguiar`s pro line products and has them next day for me. He also gets the Presta pads and polishes on short order.

JCturboT
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, I`ve seen and purchased Collinite products at the larger marine supply stores. I believe West Marine would be a candidate. I went to a marine supply store somewhere off the SE Expwy…I do not recall the name.

I`ve never seen 1Z products in a retail outlet.

I`ve seen a few Surf City and Autoglym products at pepboi, but some of them are not items I`d never look for. Walmart has the AG wax for $35.

My body shop supply guy (in Milford MA) orders me any Meguiar`s pro line products and has them next day for me. He also gets the Presta pads and polishes on short order.

Tom,

Not sure what kind of deal you are getting from your supplier but I work for CAP (Consumer Auto Parts) and we stock some of the Meguiars Mirror Glaze line in our stores and well as our main warehouse is in Milford, MA.

At my specific store I have the time tested #7 Show Car Glaze and the #26 Yellow wax in stock at all times.

If interested in the Surf City line we are also a supplier but are closing out of the SC as sales have been slow.

Jeff

JCturboT
10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Nuts, so no sightings locally...thanks for the info though!

I went to two Advanced Autos who said they had stock of Collinite but to no avail - false positive.

Any luck in your findings?

Jeff

tom p.
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
If interested in the Surf City line we are also a supplier but are closing out of the SC as sales have been slow.

Cool. Which products are available and are they a true "deal"? Thanks.

JCturboT
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Cool. Which products are available and are they a true "deal"? Thanks.

Tom,

I am on vacation this week but I will let you know what is available & cost when I return next week.

The Surf City reps were in my store some time ago when we were setting up the merchandise and gave us some free samples to try.

I ended up getting the Pacific Blue car wash soap and if I didn`t have a gallon of Duragloss 902 soap I would be using it-it`s really nice stuff.

What do you use from the SC line?

Jeff

JCturboT
10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Tom,

Got some of those Surf City prices for you. These are the prices on the most popular items-

Speed Demon Wax $7.30

Clearly Better Glass Cleaner $3.93

Beyond Black Tire Shine $8.43

Road Trip Grime $5.62

Hot Rod Protectant $7.30

Barrier Reef Carnauba $11.24

Voodoo Blend Leather Cleaner $7.30

Pacific Blue Car Wash $7.30

Jeff

twilightx
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Any luck in your findings?

Jeff

Sorry it took so long to post...So after that weekend I took a look around, but no 1Z...I did find Collinite but that`s about it. So for non-Meguiars/Mothers or professional series products, the only thing I can verify at the moment is:

Walmart

Autoglym HD wax

Pep-boys

Autoglym HD wax

Autoglym interior trim

Autoglym shampoo

Autoglym quick detailer

Allied Technologies, Woburn

Collinite 845

Collinite 476S

Collinite 915 (backordered)

- P

Bass
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM

if your guy is BT autobody supply - that guy is awesome!! i use him all the time