PDA

View Full Version : vapor steamer

gator1
01-28-2006, 03:21 PM
I am intrested in buying a vapor steamer. Has anyone any reconmadtion of any brand that has worked well for them.

Detail_Geek
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
check out QVC or home shopping network :confused: im alsl clueless in this part.

C. Charles Hahn
01-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Costco was having a really good sale on a steamer called the "Saeco Piccolo" -- don`t know if that deal is still going or not though.

Aside from that, I personally use a EuroPro Ultra Steam Shark, and it has worked great for me for the last 3 detailing seasons. I want to upgrade to a unit with a bigger water tank though -- I was looking at some by McCulloch, don`t know about their quality though....

detailz
01-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Alot would depend on how often you will use the steamer. There noncommercial and commercial grades out there. I have been using nothing but vapor systems now for three years. I own four machines with three different manufacturers, with my most recent purchase 3 weeks ago. If you are a full time detailer you will want one that lasts, easy to use and flexibile. Of the ones I own I recommend the Euro Steam 2100(eurosteam.com) or VaporClean TR6(kleencarauto.com). I will be purchasing the Desiderio(kleencarauto.com) in the near future. The price ranges of these systems are $600-1500 but worth every penny. I was spending ~$250/wk on chemicals prior to purchase. Nevermind the fact that the vapor steam disinfects, is a timesaver,versatile and healthier for yourself to use(no longer ingesting fumes). You will want a machine that has adjustable pressure with multiple attachments. Make sure you purchase a unit from someone that can service the machine if necessary, that is the mistake I made with the first one.
In owning these machines you also get the WOW factor from your customers.

Brenton
01-29-2006, 08:52 AM
What exactly are you using it for?

gator1
01-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey I thank you for the info, I had looked at the Tr6 but I did not no if it would do the job. I like the desiderio,but I was not sure it was worth the $1200.00.Right now I am littel tight on cash but, I thank I well wait save my pennys and do littel more reserach. I use the extractor " but for small jobs its a pain to set up" Hey was again thanks for everyone in input.

detailz
01-29-2006, 10:55 AM
You could also lease/rent the system first to give it a try. The distributor for the TR6 is in Florida. Go to their website for more info. Very friendly and helpful.www.vaporcleanproducts.com

gator1
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes i have been to thier web and talked to someone thier. they were prutty helpful, they told me of Tr6 and the dsiderio. I think I am going to buy the dsiderio. Hopefuly I will just buy once and I won`t be disapponted. Now it`s time to save the pennys!!!