PDA

View Full Version : Pad Help

nonwelder
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a 2009 Jetta, pretty hard paint. I havent bought pads in a while, as I have a ton of them! :) Using 5.5 inch CCS pads in green, white, orange, blue, and grey.

Time for some new pads. Want to stick with a 4-5.5 inch pad, need a variety. Use 105/205 for polish. Suggestions? I am a bit out of the pad game, so looking for advice!

Thanks,

Brett

Alexshimshimhae
09-21-2010, 09:56 PM
get the new 7/8 hydrotech pads

the cyan is between the lc yellow and orange i think the tangerine i think is between the orange and white and the crimson is for final polish maybe

Accumulator
09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
OneQuickGT1-Maybe Surbuf for the M105 if you have really serious marring. Otherwise I`m in the same boat as you, got lots of old pads and not up to speed on the latest offerings. I do think the HydroTech line is certainly worth a look and that`s probably what I`ll get next time.

BUT....the 4" version of Meguiar`s burgundy cutting pad oughta be good, ditto for their 4" black finishing pad.

Alexshimshimhae
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
then again...what`s wrong with the ones you have? i`d thinkg the orange white and grey would still be good to use on a regular basis until they crap out i don`t know so much about the green and blue--I don`t even recall where they were on the cut scale lol

Accumulator
09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Orange foam can lose its cut with use/wear. Just experienced that this morning, wow did a new pad cut better.