PDA

View Full Version : quick question about foam gun

Toymachine2009
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
I just got a foam gun for the hose... Now when using it to soap a car do you also fill a bucket up with the soap too and dip your wash mitt in there first or can you skip that step and just foam the whole car down and wet the wash mitt and just start going over the car with the wet wash mitt.

2005GTPinMD
09-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I use my foam gun to pre-soak the car. Also, prior to washing each panel I rinse it with the foam gun. I then wash the car with the regular two bucket method. One bucket with the car wash and the other for rinsing the wash mitt. After each panel I use the rinse bucket to rinse the dirty mitt. Lately I have experimented with some soap in the rinse bucket too. The scheme may sound elaborate but I can wash my car (other than the rims) in less than half-an hour (45 minutes with drying).

spartacus_33
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I also use a soapy bucket with a mitt after covering the car with foam. Can`t have too much lube when washing.

Toymachine2009
09-21-2010, 05:29 PM
cool guys thanks for the quick response looks like ill continue to use a bucket of soap with the foam gun.

BigAl3
09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
using the foam gun only as a pre-soak is a waste IMO, and not utiizing it to the fullest potential. as you wash, spray each panel and follow it with the wash media (you will have soap solution/lubrication wherever you touch which helps rather than just only dipping into the wash bucket) which will help reduce marring/scratches. here`s a good example...

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun (http://paintcarendetailing.com/foam.html)

experiment and find a pattern that works out for you...

jose206
09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for that video al, im just getting use to the foam gun i bought at hone depot. Works great and does look a little more professional.

imported_DieselMDX
09-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that video al, im just getting use to the foam gun i bought at hone depot. Works great and does look a little more professional.

link to gun u bought?

Alexshimshimhae
09-22-2010, 10:16 PM
is the one from home depot any diff from the ones that are car specific?

Toymachine2009
09-24-2010, 12:25 AM
link to gun u bought?

also curious to gun you bought from home depot

AutoHead45
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for that video al, im just getting use to the foam gun i bought at hone depot. Works great and does look a little auto electronics (http://electronicfiend.com/) more professional.

:bounce

Have you used a car specific one before? If so how do they differ from the one you got at Home Depot?