PDA

View Full Version : best wax and/or sealent for black?

Pages : [1] 2 3

zevo
09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I would like some opinions on what the best products are for a black daily driver. Thanks in advance,

Accumulator
09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
zevo- IMO the (potental) problem is that what looks best might not protect/last best. And there`s the question of how nice you can keep a black daily driver.

The OTC wax for black is probably Meguiar`s #26. Souveran is the normal suggestion for a beauty wax. Collinite paste (maybe 915) would offer good protection. Then there are all the other approaches like BF`s sealant + wax topper combo, Autoglym HD, and the list goes on and on.

But all I`d be worried about is keeping the thing marring free, or hiding any flaws that are "inevitable" (scare-quotes intentional....sorta) on a daily driver.

Dubbin1
09-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant is an excellent choice for a daily driver.

imported_DieselMDX
09-21-2010, 11:33 PM
listen to what i am going to say and buy it

Pinnacle Souveran

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
listen to what i am going to say and buy it

Pinnacle Souveran

That would be an excellent choice for the summer but since he lives in Mich with winter fast approaching it wouldn`t be a wise choice.

imported_DieselMDX
09-22-2010, 01:18 AM
ahhhhhh just wax more lol

ltebow34
09-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Local shopping, #26 Meguiar. Online FK2685 PinkWax. I too would perfect wash technique and find slick wax to use so you dont marr paint.

zevo
09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I guess I should update my location. I`m in the Oklahoma City area now. If I was still in Michigan I would not have been able to get black due to the winters. Winter is fairly mild here. Some say Black Fire. How does the BF compare to Pinnacle Souveran in appearance and durability.

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I guess I should update my location. I`m in the Oklahoma City area now. If I was still in Michigan I would not have been able to get black due to the winters. Winter is fairly mild here. Some say Black Fire. How does the BF compare to Pinnacle Souveran in appearance and durability.

It doesn`t compare at all. Most compare it with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and its pretty much a toss up between the two.

gigondaz
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
I would like some opinions on what the best products are for a black daily driver. Thanks in advance,

Many of my customers (Black Hondas) posed the same question as yours last month.

My advice to them is to keep it simple - Megs NXT2 or Megs Gold Class. [/B]

I am not a Megs dealer, and I don`t like MOST of their products, except the compounds and 205.

I know, I know...NXT and GC have very low durability.

I conducted a Detailing Class in my shop for 25 participants. A BLIND test was conducted to see if they could pick out any diff between Pinnacle, Blackfire and 5 other brands of products on identical black Hondas. 85% of the group preferred the Gold Class look....and I consider this product a "forgotten baby"!! in the detailing world.

13 participants started to use Gold Class and NXT2 on their black Hondas.

1. Every 3-4wks, apply the product.

2. Every weekend, after washing, spray Megs UQW on top of Gold Class, and UQW on top of NXT2.

Those black cars look CONSISTENTLY beautiful. Minor marring are adequately covered up, and the black finish looks great.

Simple and fuss-free.

Alexshimshimhae
09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
i think the 915 look isn`t bad =] and it lasts long

tssdetailing
09-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Can`t believe no on has said Blackfire Wetdiamond. This stuff is serious business and LASTS. My truck still felt smooth as ice 4 months after I`d applied it. And it stays outside.

akimel
09-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I have a black car. During the summer months I play around with different waxes (right now my car is wearing two coats of Souveran); but next month I`ll be cleaning the paint and applying a couple of coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond, just as I did last year. My car looks great in BWD and it gave me sufficient durability. It`s also the slickest sealant I have yet come across. If I were only permitted one protectant for my black S2K, I`d go with BWD. Two thumbs up for Blackfire Wet Diamond.

zevo
09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the input. While trying to decide what to get for the new black car, I went ahead and applied the products I used on my old gray 350Z. I clayed the car and then used NXT and topped it with Meguiars #16. I wanted to get some protection on the fresh black paint.

fordf150
09-22-2010, 11:21 PM
I have a black car. During the summer months I play around with different waxes (right now my car is wearing two coats of Souveran); but next month I`ll be cleaning the paint and applying a couple of coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond, just as I did last year. My car looks great in BWD and it gave me sufficient durability. It`s also the slickest sealant I have yet come across. If I were only permitted one protectant for my black S2K, I`d go with BWD. Two thumbs up for Blackfire Wet Diamond.

I wholeheartedly agree about BFWD. Just did two vehicles with it recently for the first time. Extremely slick and please tell me, have you ever used a WOWO sealant that is any easier to apply or take off? Just amazing stuff !!:xyxthumbs