PDA

View Full Version : Going to detail my car soon..... review my process please!

Elonheater32
09-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Going to wash my car with dawn liquid soap to get rid of any remaining wax that might be on there

Clay-bar entire vehicle with Meguiars (is the premium clay-bars any better??) I always need an excuse to spend more money!

Polish using M205. I also have the M105.... but I am guessing I only need to use the M205 since the paint is already in pretty good shape but correct me if I am wrong! I will be using my PC. What pad would be best to polish a silver car with mild marring and swirl marks?

Wax using Autoglym HD wax.

I am using Rain-x on the windows. I have been using Surf City glass cleaner and I don`t get what all the rave is about. It has never done very well for me.

I am using Optimum leather cleaner/protectant for the interior. I love this product!!!

I will be cleaning the leather seats with Zymol leather cleaner and conditioning it with Zymol leather conditioner (like this product too). The reason I like the Zymol and Optimum products other than the fact that it cleans well is that the smell totally disappears after a couple of days. I`m not a fan of the cleaner smell that lingers for weeks!!!

I haven`t found a great tire cleaner that I love yet. Still cannot decide on the slick shiny look vs the clean satin rubber look.

Well that is pretty much my process. Does anyone have any recommendations on something I can add in there or alter. Any products that you love so much that you need to connivence me to buy?!?!?!

Alexshimshimhae
09-17-2010, 08:07 PM
looks fairly good:

The polish/compound/pad combo depends on the car too--i`d play around with it..try the 205 with a polishing pad and if that don`t work try it with 105 if that for some reason still doesn`t work try a higher cutting pad...

I would rainx BEFORE waxing... just in case...

Depending on what you`re dealing with, Tarminator works well to clean of stubborn tar (might try it on my bmw rims soon cause certain spots wont come off)

I would pick up some maintenance products too so you`re not always at it on your car

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/132078-who-wants-fill-arsenal-holes.html

This is more or less what I have--granted you wont need alot of it but I think I put the uses so... hope it helps