PDA

View Full Version : 1Z product Opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Hadesnight
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Has anyone used their wax/sealant 1Z Einszett Glanz Wax?

I`m looking to stay with one brand start to finish. Car wash, polish, sealant, and QD/spray wax. Debating if 1Z is a good way to go.

I know their interior cleaner gets rave reviews.

steelwind101
09-06-2010, 03:30 AM
HA! I wrote a huge reply on all the major products the other day and now its gone....! I might reply again when Autopias is back up running, maybe old posts will be restored.

imported_Bence
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
ALL 1Z products I`ve tired were/are absolutely top notch. However, I can`t rate the US-spec Glanz, because it is an entirely different formula.

I even love their older style polishes which work great on softer, conventional finishes. But the new-gen polishes got a tech-injection from Menzerna, so they can master SR finishes with ease now.

Accumulator
09-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Hadesnight- Sorry, can`t help with the Glanz, but most people who`ve used it seem to like it.

I`m *NOT* a fan of the one-product-line approach, but you could do worse than 1Z by a long shot. But check out the following before you buy their compound:

Bence- Noting that I share your enthusiasm for 1Z stuff (including the older polishes, even the consumer-line ones which I still recommend to newbies), I do think that M105 is much better than 1Z Pasta Intensiv, at least for me. Better correction, less marring from the initial cut (I`ve had cases where,used by hand, the 1Z left incredibly deep "tracers" that were very difficult to fix; like a wetsand that went wrong), faster, better final finish...not quite as clean a product but still simply better IMO. Thought I`d post that (again) since I resisted the M105 for ages, thinking that I was doing just fine with 1Z.

OTOH, I sometimes prefer 1Z High Gloss over M205, an large part because the 1Z is SO much cleaner, with virtually none of the oiliness issues that can plague M205.

imported_Bence
09-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Accumulator, I absolutely agree that 105 is an overally better product than PI. However, PI is an easy to use compound with a definite old-school character. That`s why I like it.

The recent Menzerna tech-infusion brought noticeable improvements in 1Z`s polish performance (and price too).

JohnKleven
09-10-2010, 09:53 PM
All 1z products work very well, and are reasonably priced. Glanz wax is a very high quality liquid wax, and offers good durability.

Hadesnight
09-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies. i was looking to simplify product purchasing.

Accumulator
09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Accumulator, I absolutely agree that 105 is an overally better product than PI. However, PI is an easy to use compound with a definite old-school character. That`s why I like it.

The recent Menzerna tech-infusion brought noticeable improvements in 1Z`s polish performance (and price too).

Bence- Let`s run with this discussion for a bit :D

I thought the 1Z PI was easy until I got those "tracer" scratches; no way to exagerrate how awful they were and man did I take of a lot of clear fixing them. And I did that damage *by hand*. No, there weren`t any lumps/dried product/etc. :nixweiss Really scared me off the product.

Otherwise, yeah, I too still like old-tech products! And the 1Z PI sure lent itself to being used with the "first by rotary, then again by DA without wiping away the residue between the steps" method.

What are these "Menzerna-related" changes? Have any of the 1Z products been changed, and if so in what way?

Glanz wax is a very high quality liquid wax, and offers good durability.

Q for you about Glanz: is it so solvent-rich that it can compromise "concealing products" that are already on the paint? I`ve often wondered if that could be an issue if GW were used after, say...one of the 1Z polishes that leave stuff behind :think:

imported_Bence
09-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Yep, such discussions are soo good! Well, by hand I can understand that it can cause deep scratches as it is very gritty to start with. But when you are using it with any kind of machine, it just won`t bite that much as its initial grittiness suggests. However it is still likely that when larger clumps of agglomerates start to work on the surface they can and *will* cause deep tracers.

According to the info I got from the importer, they teamed up with Menzerna, and the polishes got improved with new abrasives, especially Hochglanz (High Gloss), which is a true one step, as it can be read on its label. PI and Waxfinish OS got only minor improvements.

Alfisti
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
I`m enjoying this discussion as I love 1Z. However, although I subscribed to this thread I`ve had no email notifications.

Accumulator
09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Bence- Thanks for the additional info!

Yeah, there *is* a bit of a paradox about how the gritty 1Z PI can cause issues but still doesn`t cut all *THAT* harshly! For all my criticism, if it weren`t for M105 I`d still be using/recommending it.

I bet my 1Z HG is the older version :think: Is there any easy way to tell the two versions apart? Wonder if US vendors are selling the new stuff....

imported_Bence
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
The new HG had a white cap on it, and I saw the new bottles too. They are exactly the same plastic bottles for WPS, even Hartglanz - so no more classic metal tins...

The new HG says "one-step" on its label.

Accumulator
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Bence- Thanks again for the info! OK, IIRC my 1Z HG has a white cap on the black plastic bottle, but no mention of "one step". Sure no surprise that it`s the old stuff since I bought it soooo long ago.

Hey, you mentioned "WPS"..that`s Wax Polish Soft, right? They still making that stuff?!? I have a bunch of it and/but thought I was the only person who uses it. Not bad as glazy-type polishes go.

Man, I`m gonna miss those old tins but I`m probably the only person saying that too.

imported_Bence
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Yep, Wax Polish Soft, which is a wonderful concealer-type juice.

Those tins were just dripping with character, just as the old polish lines. Well, plastic swallows everything...

uzj100
09-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Bence-

Are there other differences to the US version Glanz Wax besides it being thicker than the prior version that we got here. AFAIK, that`s the only difference, unless there`s some VOC issues with the old formula?