PDA

View Full Version : ONR wash = LSP failage?

Pages : [1] 2

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Any ideas as to ONR reducing the beading after you apply/cure your LSP?

I thought it was LSP safe?

loco
08-26-2010, 01:22 PM
It`s definitely LSP safe. I used ONR Sunday and it rained twice this week and the beading has been just as good as ever. In fact, the car almost looks clean, even though I`ve had to drive in the rain twice.

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Trying to figure out what i did then...because i know i put down the 476 and had at least 10-15 minutes to set...but it`s been maybe a week or two and the beading is .... I don`t know... =[

dmw2692004
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM
ONR leaves some minor protection behind. The change in beading could be a result of the ONR.

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 03:10 PM
would regular beading come back when onr wears off? or does it wear off with the onr?

Scottwax
08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
ONR should improve beading. I have customer`s cars that haven`t been waxed in over a year that still bead due to regular ONR washing.

18 months or so since this Mark LT had been waxed.

YouTube - Optimum No Rinse beading and sheeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlpXOBgSLE)

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
ONR should improve beading. I have customer`s cars that haven`t been waxed in over a year that still bead due to regular ONR washing.

18 months or so since this Mark LT had been waxed.

YouTube - Optimum No Rinse beading and sheeting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlpXOBgSLE)

So does onr work negatively with certain lsps?

Scottwax
08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
So does onr work negatively with certain lsps?

Not that I`ve ever seen and I`ve been using it since it came out on at least a couple thousand cars. The new version is even better about improving gloss and slickness, btw.

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Not that I`ve ever seen and I`ve been using it since it came out on at least a couple thousand cars. The new version is even better about improving gloss and slickness, btw.

think i`m using the new formula since i ordered it a few weeks ago...ionno maybe it`s just me.

Setec Astronomy
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Alex, what are you talking about exactly? Did the ONR not bead when you put it on the car? Or did you do a plain-water rinse before or after?

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I`m just covering my bases because I washed my car with ONR today (which i put down collinite almost a week ago) and just looking to narrow down the suspects

Setec Astronomy
08-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah...so was the lack of beading with the ONR or with plain water?

Alexshimshimhae
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
plain water.

mystickid
08-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Just A Quick question since its relevant...

Can ONR (New or old), weaken/diminish an LSP at QD strength or Higher ONR Wash Ratios?

sulla
08-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Well I think it`s not because of ONR but 476/845 does lose its slickness/beading after washes with any kind of soap

After a fresh coat of 476/845 my car is slick as hell.. If it rains water is going to bead like crazy it will just roll and roll off the car...After a 2nd wash I notice it`s not as slick as when it was freshly waxed and when it rains the beading isnt going to be as strong since it isn`t as slick but water will still roll off as soon as it bunches up

As long as my car doesnt accumulate dirt film when it rains the protection is still but yeah i wish it beads like the first day

The only lsp that doesn`t lose its slickness after couple ONR wash is the optimum car wax

I live in a tropical climate so my experience may differ from you guys who lives in colder climate