PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions on dealing with polish residue on edges of clear bra.

insmanblue
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey guys

A couple weeks ago I did the M105 and M205 polish treatment on my car. I am really happy with the results but I made the mistake of not tapping the edges of the clear bra. So there is dried polish residue on the edges of the clear bra. I have used IP and tooth picks in an attempt to get the stubborn polish off without any luck. Have any of you encountered this and what do you suggest to get this off? It looks bad. Thanks.

neighborsenvy
08-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Look at the pro before and after threads for the twin turbo Lamborghini. He used clay for the edges. This was for dirt not polish which can be a B to remove. Hope this helps.

Autogeek
08-26-2010, 09:44 AM
I usually use a little QD, and the edge of my fingernail covered with a microfiber towel to get any residue out of the cracks.

imported_JoshVette
08-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I use QD and a Q-tip or the edge of my MF towel pressed down against it but I would not use a tooth pick as you can easily scratch the paint.

insmanblue
08-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I will try the QD with micro towel first and if that doesn`t work then the clay. I will be glad when the residual polish is gone.

Scottwax
08-26-2010, 11:46 PM
MF, fingernail and QD work for me.