PDA

View Full Version : detailer training classes in tri state area

Pages : [1] 2

Blown1
08-24-2010, 03:44 AM
Hey guys just looking to see if anyone knows of any training classes or are willing to teach a class for beginners like me in the tri-state area. I am in ct and willing to travel. I am looking to learn proper correction techniques and improve my technical abilities as a beginner thanks

Dunstan

SATracker
08-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Is New Jersey too far? Kleen Car is near NYC.

Alexshimshimhae
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
wait there are classes in nyc? like good ones? ...sigh this whole time i`ve been teaching myself lol

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Kleen Kar is in the GWB area in NJ. Periodically PAL Automotive in Piscataway, NJ has the Meguiar`s rep run a training class. Poorboy up in Nyack has been doing meets about twice a year.

Alexshimshimhae
08-24-2010, 10:07 PM
any good? i guess if i ever get really good i`ll hold classes myself

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2010, 10:21 PM
any good?

Um....well, Kleen Car provides training for professional detailers: Kleen Car | professional auto detailing training | auto detailing steamers, business opportunity (http://www.1car-detailing-training.com/)

PAL has hosted Meguiar`s-staffed basic and advanced detailing classes in order to generate new customers.

Pooboy runs his meet & greet/product tryout/wandering instruction days to sell product and create customer loyalty.

Alexshimshimhae
08-24-2010, 10:23 PM
soo in other wordddsss Kleen Car lol

Setec Astronomy
08-24-2010, 10:33 PM
It depends what you are looking for. Kleen Car provides training for someone who wants to detail for a living. The Meguiar`s seminars are structured training sessions teaching basics at beginner and intermediate/advanced levels. The Poorboy`s detail days are more social, relaxed encounters. Kleen Car training costs money, the PAL/Meguiar`s and Poorboy`s days are either free or nominal fee.

Alexshimshimhae
08-24-2010, 11:05 PM
sooo.... follow setec around ? xD

Blown1
08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Yea I forgot free or close to free would be better not that I am being cheap but I am not really looking to do this as a pro or as a career. I just loving seeing my cars and friends looking perfect and cleaned and detailed to the best of their abilities. Of course if its an autopia member taught class guess lunch and some kind of compensation could be worked out $500 per class at kleen car i am sure is worth it for the right person but not within my budget right now. So does anyone know a contact number for either pal/meguiar`s or Poorboy`s?

Thanks guys.....

It depends what you are looking for. Kleen Car provides training for someone who wants to detail for a living. The Meguiar`s seminars are structured training sessions teaching basics at beginner and intermediate/advanced levels. The Poorboy`s detail days are more social, relaxed encounters. Kleen Car training costs money, the PAL/Meguiar`s and Poorboy`s days are either free or nominal fee.

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I think it`s been a few years since PAL has had a class--but it would probably be mentioned on MOL if at all. Usually when there is a Poorboy`s gig Holland Patrick will announce it here. The way to keep abreast of Poorboy`s agenda is on his Detail City forum, but he`s already had two this year so I dunno if he`s going to do a fall one or not. PAL`s website is here: Pal Automotive - Detailing Accessories and Tools (http://www.palautomotive.com/detailing_accessories.html) Mark is the owner, call him and see if they are doing any classes--it`s kind of late in the season for him. IIRC the Mid-Atlantic Meg`s rep does classes out of his home in Maryland, so he might have one scheduled yet this year.

Blown1
08-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Well looks like I may take that trip to florida after all in sept I can go see my brothers and go to that meguiar`s class hope there are still open spots. In the mean time if anyone is interested in just having me come down and help out in exchange for some instructions please pm me lunch on me of course.....

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2010, 07:03 AM
By Florida you mean the Mike Phillips classes at Autogeek? Thats a great idea!

EDIT: I just accidently found this place here in Jersey: Car Care Specialties - Quality Car Care Products (http://store.carcareonline.com/index.aspx) They have this statement as a caution about their Saturday hours: "*Due to our Car Care Workshop schedule, the showroom will be closed several Saturdays during the year. Please call to confirm we will be open. " , so it sounds like they do some Saturday training classes periodically...sounds like it would be worth a call for you. Car Care Specialties - Message From Larry Reynolds (http://store.carcareonline.com/messagefromlarry.aspx)

Jsahr
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I currently live in Va and will be going to a training class right below Richmond, Va. Its only $85 for 2 days plus if you go both days you`ll get a $50 voucher for products. You can get more info and sign up at properautocare.com but the class is this weekend starting Sat at 10am.

David Fermani
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Here`s more info on the training class:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-care-discussion/2666862-richmond-va-detailing-class-the-shine-insititue-sept-11th-and-12th.html