PDA

View Full Version : RMG or VM under Zaino??

Edwa
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Has anybody here topped RMG or VM with Zaino successfully?

Last week I did my wifes red Expy with Menzerna IP, FP II and topped with Z2. The results were outstanding. I am going to be performing the same on my True Blue Screw this spring and am wondering if I could throw one of these in the mix?

G35stilez
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Oil and water don`t mix.

Zaino is a water-based sealant that needs a `clean` paint surface to bond correctly (ie: IPA wipedown or Z1). RMG and VM both contain oils (hence, "glaze"). It might look a bit wetter using them, but don`t expect durability/protection to be the the normal Zaino durations.

Personally, I would stick to FPII, IPA wipedown, then Zaino (what I use). If you desire a touch more shine, instead of the VM or RMG step, add an additional layer of Z2.

Edwa
01-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Yup....that`s what I thought.

I am a long time Zaino user. But in the past couple of years...actually since finding this site, I have been trying new products. Couple of weeks ago I reached for my ZFX and it had dried up. I ordered Z2 pro, Z8 and some ZFX....kicking myself for not ordering the new swirl removed also to try.

Ya know, after going thru the entire Meg`s line, poorboys and 4*`s.....I still come back to Zaino. Thier Z2 pro is outstanding IMO, I do not want to dredge up 10 page debate :naughty

G35stilez
01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Ya know, after going thru the entire Meg`s line, poorboys and 4*`s.....I still come back to Zaino. Thier Z2 pro is outstanding IMO, I do not want to dredge up 10 page debate :naughty

I think so too and neither do I :).

klnyc
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
How you guys apply your RMG? With a machine(pc/rotary) or by slave hand.
I used by machine, but can it apply hand?

G35stilez
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
By hand or on a machine with a finishing pad.

MrDetail
01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Oil and water don`t mix.

Zaino is a water-based sealant that needs a `clean` paint surface to bond correctly (ie: IPA wipedown or Z1). RMG and VM both contain oils (hence, "glaze"). It might look a bit wetter using them, but don`t expect durability/protection to be the the normal Zaino durations.

Personally, I would stick to FPII, IPA wipedown, then Zaino (what I use). If you desire a touch more shine, instead of the VM or RMG step, add an additional layer of Z2.
Or Z8.

CharlesW
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Yup....that`s what I thought.

I am a long time Zaino user. But in the past couple of years...actually since finding this site, I have been trying new products. Couple of weeks ago I reached for my ZFX and it had dried up. I ordered Z2 pro, Z8 and some ZFX....kicking myself for not ordering the new swirl removed also to try.Why not call and order the swirl remover? You should have it in a few days and then you will be able to do the job the way you want it done.

Charles

Edwa
01-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Why not call and order the swirl remover? You should have it in a few days and then you will be able to do the job the way you want it done.

Charles

I am going to.....

Have any of you tried thier swirl remover? Any tips on application (rotory or PC)?

cwcad
01-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes I have. I find it to be a great paint cleaner and very good for minor marring. used correctly ZPC fusion will provide a great base for Zaino products. Remember , as with all Zaino products, less is more. also make sure, if correction is the desired effect, to work the product until it has flashed.

mgm2003
01-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I am going to.....

Have any of you tried thier swirl remover? Any tips on application (rotory or PC)?

I`ve used ZPC a few times, and I think it`s one of the better SMR`s for the PC. Once you have your pad primed, you use very little product. It has about the same work time as FPII. I`ve used it on 2 cars and a mini-van so far, and still have over 1/2 of the bottle. I`ve been using a polishing pad @ 5-5.5 on the PC. If you`re planning to top with Z2 or Z5, then I think ZPC is an excellent choice -if not, I`d probably use another polish (for me, Optimum or Menzerna).