PDA

View Full Version : matte black? can you still see swirls/scratches?

dpe_g35
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM
hey fellas,

quick question, with a matte black paint job, do you still see swirls and scratches like a regular clearcoated black does? anyone seen matte black in person in the daylight?, hopfully it will be 100x easier to take care of, ill be getting this done to my rangrover next week.

Accumulator
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I`ve seen plenty of marring on matte paintjobs, and AFAIK it generally can`t be polished out. Yeah, it`s different from on conventional/glossy paint, but it`s not like losing the gloss completely avoids the issue.

I`d really think about it before having it done...at least check out a few vehicles with paint like that (ones that`ve been used/abused for a while).

soccer6planet
08-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I have a matte black jaguar and you can see every little imperfection, not really swirls and normal clear coat stuff

dpe_g35
08-20-2010, 03:46 AM
what type of imperfections?

soccer6planet
08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Just as far as if something got in the paint. it is also very bad with fingerprints they are a pain to get off of matte black.

De WALTER
08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Just as far as if something got in the paint. it is also very bad with fingerprints they are a pain to get off of matte black.

Hey soccer6planet, what do you use to remove the finger prints. Wizard has a quick detailer for matte finishes, do you need something special for that particular type of paint. Thanks in advance

Walter