PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Just Polished and now waterspots after second wash

Nopstnz8
08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey guys I just detailed my car and did a full M105/M205 polish on my car. It came out great and removed almost all the swirl marks. After that I washed it with ONR and applied KAIO by hand to the paint. Now today I decided to wash it with ONR, but wash constrained on time so I just used the leaf blower to dry it, then left for a few hours since I knew I`d just QD it to remove the spots when I got home. Well I just tried FK425, as well as Meg`s QD and had my halogens on while QDing to inspect the paint. Problem is that now I have some water spots in areas, and the hood has what looks like microscopic spots. I`ll attach a picture to show this. Anyways, what can I do to remove this? I really wouldn`t want to have to repolish the entire car just for some minor spots. Would rewashing it remove them? What about another application of KAIO? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh and btw, these spots can only be seen under halogens. I had them before I did my full detail, but they were gone after. Could the M205 just filled them and has now worn off to reveal them once again?

Maybe it`s just me, but is this maybe the metallic flake in the paint?

Nopstnz8
08-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Anyone? I did another application of KAIO by hand after QDing, but the marks still remain. I was able to remove some actual waterspots on the glass, but that took some effort, and they may not fully be gone, just the ones that can be easily seen, which were only a few.

Anyways, would a 50/50 IPA/Water wipedown remove all the spots without any real effort and possible swirling of the paint? Would this be fine on glass, as well as plastic trim, or could it stain trim and ruin glass?

Alexshimshimhae
08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
repolish imo...unless you can live with it...

Nopstnz8
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM
I would, but I don`t have the time because I need to polish work on some other cars at our house before I head back to college in a month. Worst comes to worst, I probably will repolish, but would a polish like Menz 106FA probably do the trick?

Concourswanna b
08-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Don`t know about anyone else, but I`ve had good luck with the vinegar rinse, as they list on the 1Z website.

Works for light water spotting.

Nopstnz8
08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Don`t know about anyone else, but I`ve had good luck with the vinegar rinse, as they list on the 1Z website.

Works for light water spotting.

Is this a product of 1Z, or are you just talking about a plain old white vinegar and water mix?

Concourswanna b
08-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Just a 50/50 of vinegar/H2o in a spray bottle. 1z just has it on their site for whatever reason. Rinse it off with plain water and make sure to get

the door/hood/trunk jambs, so the smell doesn`t linger. dry immediately of course. It works for me and its cheap to try, anyway. Sever water spots probably won`t come off with

this method. Listen to the other guys who have more experience than me for that.

Alexshimshimhae
08-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Just a 50/50 of vinegar/H2o in a spray bottle. 1z just has it on their site for whatever reason. Rinse it off with plain water and make sure to get

the door/hood/trunk jambs, so the smell doesn`t linger. dry immediately of course. It works for me and its cheap to try, anyway. Sever water spots probably won`t come off with

this method. Listen to the other guys who have more experience than me for that.

To be fair I`m by no means a pro. Try the wipe downs but iud they don`t work since you took off the wax any way try to repolish