PDA

View Full Version : Optiumum Poli-Seal (which pad?) and.......cant it be topped with Wax?

Mr. Vapor
08-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey guys,

I`ve learned just enough to be dangerous off this site......so here i am. Picked up some Optimum Poli Seal as a nice AIO for the Wife`s `08 MDX and wasn`t sure which pad i should be using? I`m thinking Orange might have too much cut?

Also, after that, can i top it with wax? (I always get the wax vs. Seal order screwed up!)

kajunman
08-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Optimum recommends a green pad.

kajunman

Chris@Optimum
08-14-2010, 03:30 PM
You can use anything from a med cutting pad to a finishing pad depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Orange is fine if you are trying to remove swirls...if not go lighter. Remember after you prime the pad to use it sparingly, like 2-3 pea sized drops per panel. You will want to do a panel at a time and buff off the residue as you go, don`t wait for it to haze (it doesn`t work that way).

Yes it can be topped, looks killer with Optiseal or OCW toppers.

jaynick808
08-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Optimum recommends a green pad.

kajunman

i always seem to fall back onto the green pad. i keep trying orange,tangerine,crimson, and white. but green seems to feel the most natural. it glides better and doesnt cake up as much as on a white pad.

Dan
08-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Finishing pad for sure. I love Poli-seal but it isn`t much of a cutter or cleaner. Drippy wet looks though.

Scottwax
08-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I usually use a polishing pad with it.