PDA

View Full Version : Toyota white paint have clear coat?

soccer6planet
08-13-2010, 11:06 AM
This 01 tundra is the second toyota i have run across where it appears to have no clear coat. I have read a little bit and it seems that it was a one step process from the factory and it does not have a clear. My questions is is that true, and if so how do you brighten it back up because i know it had to come out of the factory looking better then it does now.. thanks in advance for the help and insight

Old Pirate
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
All of the ones I have work on are Single Stage Paint, which is call Super White. I heard they are changing them but don`t know yet.

soccer6planet
08-14-2010, 02:46 AM
thx mazda, what do i do to brighten it up and make it look better? the owner is trying to avoid paying for a new paint job down the road and will be more than happy if i can just brighten it up a bit.

David Fermani
08-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah, many early 2000 Toyotas & Honda had single stage. The key is to remove the oxidized dead paint. You`ll need something fairly abrasive and applied via either a rotary or DA polisher. Try Meg`s M105/205.

02whitetundra
08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Mine`s an 02 and has single stage white paint. It`s a pain in the butt to keep a shine on. Every couple of months, I use colorX to clean the paint and find that it brightens it up quickly. This paint holds onto a lot of ground in dirt.

Old Pirate
08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
thx mazda, what do i do to brighten it up and make it look better? the owner is trying to avoid paying for a new paint job down the road and will be more than happy if i can just brighten it up a bit.

You can use Menzerna PO203 with a white pad and it should finish up nicely for you, then top it with sealant or wax.

DM101
08-16-2010, 05:42 AM
PO203 followed by PO85RD would make that Toyota look awesome.

You can use Menzerna PO203 with a white pad and it should finish up nicely for you, then top it with sealant or wax.