PDA

View Full Version : Bissell little green proheat questions

schiddy
08-13-2010, 04:36 AM
I saw that a few people use little greens to extract so I picked up a Bissell little green proheat at walmart. I have few stains in my car, and an older car that I want to use it on the seats and carpet.

So I just tried it out on my "airy" fabric computer chair and low count, very short nap, stiff carpet. Woolite 10:1 sprayed on, brushed, then little green used to spray hot water and extract. Cleaning action seemed good as dirty water came up, and the water was burn my hand hot. Just seemed like everything was left really wet still. Upon searching now after the fact I see this is the problem of non commercial machines. :*(

In my car with sorta meshy fabric, I have previously tried spraying woolite dilution, brushing and sucking up with a rigid wet vac. Couldn`t get the wet vac to suck up any water at all. I`m guessing the bissell won`t do much better now that I`ve seen it in action personally. I`m afraid if I do seats and carpet it will take forever to dry. Kinda paranoid about the foam in the seats not drying and getting mold. Is that possible? Maybe I should just return it. If I do though, I know I won`t buy a real extractor because I only do my/family cars.

For those that extract with little greens:

What`s your process?

How long do carpets and seats take to dry?

todd@bsaw
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
You can definitely get mold if you don`t dry the carpet enough. Even with commercial extractors you run into the issue of having to dry everything before returning the car to a customer, which can be anywhere from a few hours to a day with fans on it.

One trick is to run the car and turn on the floor heat full power. This will help if you don`t have any air movers (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=air+mover&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14036333867257042350&ei=tWplTPqNF5ChnQfV9PjnDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD8Q8wIwAg#) to help dry the vehicle out. If it`s a nice day outside you could probably have it dry within an afternoon of sitting out in the sun with the doors/windows open.

WhiteStripes
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
I think with anything really you`re going to have some wetness left over. I use the typical 303 Upholstry a stiff brush and my Rigid Shop Vac and get good results, but stuff still stays damp. Towel it off and then let the AZ heat take care of the rest.

I`d like to give one of these little consumer extractors a shot though, I`m sure the hot water helps a pretty decent amount.

schiddy
08-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I`m gonna hold onto it and give it a shot on a car interior. I`ll just have to be very careful to dry out it out.

Idk why so many were complaining about the water not being hot with the proheat. I only had to purge the line each use for a second or two, then burn your hand hot water came out.