PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Rotary to Makita, the difference?

imported_Quenga
08-10-2010, 04:29 AM
Has anyone gone from the infamous cheap HF Rotary to a Makita and found that it was easier to handle? I bought it to practice, but I`m getting tired of it kicking around...and it`s a lot heavier than the PC. On vertical panels I get frustrated on holding it up.

I figure I`ll either upgrade to a Makita when I`m good, or just upgrade my PC and stick to it. I don`t detail for cash, usually favors, thank you`s and birthday gifts. I don`t mind spending the time on a PC, but it would be nice to save the time while using a rotary.

Legacy
08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Has anyone gone from the infamous cheap HF Rotary to a Makita and found that it was easier to handle? I bought it to practice, but I`m getting tired of it kicking around...and it`s a lot heavier than the PC. On vertical panels I get frustrated on holding it up.

I figure I`ll either upgrade to a Makita when I`m good, or just upgrade my PC and stick to it. I don`t detail for cash, usually favors, thank you`s and birthday gifts. I don`t mind spending the time on a PC, but it would be nice to save the time while using a rotary.

On vertical panels I get frustrated on holding it up.

That`s why I got a Flex 3403