PDA

View Full Version : Need help with these darn sport interiors.

New Skool
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Is there anyway to stop these from staining? These interiors are horrible, even have one in my own car and it stains for no reason. Any tricks to detailing them?

salty
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Keep them vacuumed and Scotch Guard helps.

You have to shampoo a whole section. Stain on seat bottom, you have to do the whole seat bottom and not wet the seat back. No sure if that makes sense.

New Skool
08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
So are you saying that wherever you get the seat wet you must get the entire section wet?

New Skool
08-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I`m a little surprised that this thread hasn`t received more attention. These seats stain without reason and I thought I might be able to get more than one reply.

salty
08-09-2010, 01:25 AM
So are you saying that wherever you get the seat wet you must get the entire section wet?

Evenly wet. Sometimes I am able to go in with a damp cotton towel with cleaner on it and do a smaller section, but it becomes a guessing game until it dries.

New Skool
08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for your help Salty, I appreciate it.

Dan
08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I`m a little surprised that this thread hasn`t received more attention. These seats stain without reason and I thought I might be able to get more than one reply.

You might get some more answers if you posted what exactly a "sport" interior is.

New Skool
08-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Ooops, my bad for assuming. I`m talking about the interiors in the G6`s, some of the F-150`s and many others vehicles. My wife has the same interior in her Jeep Liberty. I believe they are called Sport Interior in the Pontiacs. There is nothing to for a steamer or extractor to bite into. The seats will stain if just plain water hits them.

salty
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Another tip is to use a quality chemical to pre-treat. Once you start to wet the seat the stains will be hard to see and if not removed they will reappear when dry.