PDA

View Full Version : okay... I confess...

DaGonz
08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
As a clean car fanatic, I turned into a slacker when it came to the daily driver.. my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It hadn`t been washed in a couple of weeks, and my son borrowed it to bring the dogs to the dog park while wifey and I were on a getaway weekend. To sum it up in four words... it was a mess... :(

It`s been a quiet night at the firehouse.. so I brought it in at 8:00 PM and gave it a good cleaning...

The interior was thoroughly vaccumed to remove the dog hair and the dash and door panels were cleaned with Surf City`s Dash Away, the interior glass was cleaned with Stoners Invisible Glass.

The exterior was washed using Meguiar`s Gold Class car wash shampoo and two wash mitts via the two bucket method. The tire and wheel assemblies had some minor brake dusting, an older terry wash mitt was used to clean up those areas.

I decided to put another coat of wax on it, using some Mother`s California Gold paste wax we had here in the firehouse. I hadn`t used Mothers CG Paste in a long time.. I forgot how easy it was to apply and remove. :xyxthumbs

The tires were treated with Stoners More Shine, the lower body cladding was done with Stoners Trim Shine. The exterior glass was cleanerd with Stoners IG and treated with Rain X.

three and half hours later... she looks nice and clean now... :spot

BigAl3
08-05-2010, 12:33 AM
sometimes with all the time and effort we spend on other cars or being just busy with life in general, we end up neglecting our own rides. i know what you mean, mine is due for a good polish but the weather is so frickin hot!

todd@bsaw
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I haven`t touched my car in about 4 months... :(