PDA

View Full Version : Working time for M205?

dekeman
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I tried an experiment with my G110v2, two yellow Meguiar`s polishing pads, and some ColorX and M205, to see what kind of correction they`d give. The 205 came with the ADS special at Christmas-time, so I wanted to see if it gave me that much more correcting power than ColorX worked aggressively. The results were equal- ColorX corrected most swirls but not all. I taped down the center of the trunk, and both sides had some correction but a fair amount of swirls and RIDS still. I`m thinking I didn`t work the 205 long enough. Since the search function seems to be broken, how do I know when the 205 has been worked enough?

porta
08-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Megs 205 is not a dedicated swirl remover, so you have to step up to a more abrasive polish. And I am working 205 with a rotary and maximum for 1 minute/ 4-5 passes.

BigAl3
08-05-2010, 03:39 AM
try picking up some ultimate compound or M105 and give that a try, and step it up to an orange pad if needed. you can always follow it up with the M205 and yellow polishing pads if need be since you already have them...

Accumulator
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
..I`m thinking I didn`t work the 205 long enough. Since the search function seems to be broken, how do I know when the 205 has been worked enough?

Since the M205 doesn`t break down (it just dries out), you can work it as long or as briefly as you like up until the point where it starts to dry. As noted, it sounds like you asked a bit too much of it, being a finishing polish and all. Still, I woulda expected it to do more than Color-X :think: Note that the Color-X can do a fair bit of concealing, since it`s basically a cleaner-wax.

454Casull
08-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Quite long, but as others have said, it`s not very aggressive.