PDA

View Full Version : another "paint color advice" thread

bigiron
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey Folks,

I`m looking at trading for a new Ford Super Duty. I saw one in Tuxedo Black(a metallic) which knocked my socks off. However, I swore off ever having another black car.

Is a metallic black any better at not showing dirt and swirl marks?

The other colors I`d consider are:

White Platium Metallic Tri-Coat

Ingot Silver Metallic

Sterling Grey Metallic

Royal Red Metallic

Pale Adobe Metallic

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input!

Legacy
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey Folks,

I`m looking at trading for a new Ford Super Duty. I saw one in Tuxedo Black(a metallic) which knocked my socks off. However, I swore off ever having another black car.

Is a metallic black any better at not showing dirt and swirl marks?

The other colors I`d consider are:

White Platium Metallic Tri-Coat

Ingot Silver Metallic

Sterling Grey Metallic

Royal Red Metallic

Pale Adobe Metallic

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input!

Are you kidding, black (metallic or not) is a part time job. White and silver will show the least. I would favor the grey as you still put a nice shine on that color. Maybe that`s why I have two grey cars. LOL

David Fermani
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Silver or White if you know what`s good for you!

Accumulator
08-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I have a carbon metallic Yukon, just a little lighter than true metallic black. It`s an incredible PIA and in some ways I find it more frustrating than straight black. You can inspect it until your eyes glaze over and think it`s perfect, but then you see it from some different angle and there`s residual marring; the metallic makes it a huge PIA to inspect and somehow that does *NOT* also translate into not seeing flaws most of the time (at least for me).

DO NOT BUY A HARD-TO-MAINTAIN COLOR. Unless you really enjoy slaving away on this stuff, it`s just an exercise in frustration that can suck the fun out of a new vehicle and eat up your time.

I`d lean towards white or the gray metallic. I`m just sooo tired of silver because I have too many silver vehicles, but that`s never a bad choice.