PDA

View Full Version : Interior help

solekeeper
08-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, for those of you who have black interior, what do you guys like to use to lift dust? My interior is constantly filled with dust, I`m just looking for a mf/or something useful to lift it out w/o producing more lint/dust etc.

Thanks!

Legacy
08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey guys, for those of you who have black interior, what do you guys like to use to lift dust? My interior is constantly filled with dust, I`m just looking for a mf/or something useful to lift it out w/o producing more lint/dust etc.

Thanks!

I take it it`s fabric, if so, get a good vac. If it`s leather just use a Swifter duster or cloth.

David Fermani
08-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Compressed air.

Street5927
08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I also use compressed air, and for those hard to reach areas such as vents, etc. where there may be more than just dust such as something sticky like a spilled drink, etc., I use the Tornador...something I am glad I bought, because it does come in handy from time to time.

Scottwax
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Best thing to do is after each wash, use a damp microfiber towel on all interior surfaces (even mats and fabric seats-just don`t use a soaking wet towel) and it should stay pretty clean.

Accumulator
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Best thing to do is after each wash, use a damp microfiber towel on all interior surfaces (even mats and fabric seats-just don`t use a soaking wet towel) and it should stay pretty clean.

That`s what I do, damp with Meguiar`s Interior QD.

schiddy
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
My jet black Si interior is horrible in this respect. I use Meg`s quick detailer on my satin black dash and plastics, Pledge Dust and allergen DRY disposable wipes for dusting if a full cleaning is not necessary. There is no chemicals or product on these cloths and they really hold onto dust well instead of just pushing it around.

For the netted fabric seats that pick up lint like magnets, I use one of those disposable sticky sheet lint rollers for quick cleanups and touchups. Vacuuming regularly is the only thing that seems to work for dirtier situations for me.

Donavin629
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
compressed air.. its how i always start my interiors to get all the loose debris & Dust out

WAS
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I also use compressed air, and for those hard to reach areas such as vents, etc. where there may be more than just dust such as something sticky like a spilled drink, etc., I use the Tornador...something I am glad I bought, because it does come in handy from time to time.

The Tornador is the most amazing tool, if you plan to use it often enough. You do need compressed air to run it though, so make sure you have that available. Also, depending how dirty your interior is, the Tornador might not be quite enough, but it doesn`t sound like this is the case for you.

wascallyrabbit
08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
damp micofiber with you favorite interior qd

Jumpingbean
08-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Get a swiffer duster. Hell just keep one in the trunk. Run it over all of your hard plastic surfaces, leather, even the vents. It picks up and holds on to everything. Cheap and quick!

Doesn`t using compressed air just throw all the dust into the air? Wouldn`t it just settle back on top of everything in a few minutes?

solekeeper
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
seems everyone likes the compressed air idea!

Will try it out! thanks.

The Wraith
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
A damp "Absorber" will also get all the old lint off of cloth & veluere fabrics like on old 2000 - 2005 V.W.`s. They worked better than lint rollers without the waste.