PDA

View Full Version : Windshield hazing with wipers

jabber
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
As I was driving home last night in a rainstorm I noticed my windshield was hazy (foggy) when the wipers swept across it. It would clear in a few seconds, but as soon as the wiper went across again it would leave a foggy appearance. I used to get this when I used to use RainX. It seems to me it was the protective layer of the RainX causing the fogginess. At night and in heavy rain, I find it very hard to see through this haze. I haven`t used RainX on my windshield but do use ONR on the windshield when I wash the vehicle.

Do you think it`s the ONR causing this hazing? Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what would remove this hazing effect after I`ve washed the vehicle?

Thanks for your help!

imported_DetailDan
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe you just need new wipers?

jabber
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
It`s a brand new vehicle. The wipers worked fine until I started washing the windshield with ONR

POPPAJ
08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
After ONR clean the windshield with Stoners IG. Don`t forget to wipe down the blades with alcohol.

imported_BobbyG
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree with other here that the Optimum No Rinse is likely to be the culprit here. Optimum No Rinse contains polymers that offer greater lubricity and higher gloss so I suspect that the blades themselves as well as the windshield are slightly contaminated. Clean the wiper blades and windshield with IPA then Stoners Glass Cleaner and you should be fine.