PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes hood vent/louver removal help

imported_dirtdiggler
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Mercedes hood vent/louver removal help

Hello all,

I have an 07 MB C230SS in Arctic White. I decided to remove my trim work and clean it thoroughly and waxing the enclosed area. Now the hood, I was able to remove the ornament except the vent/louver. I spotted three torx screw under hood and after unscrewing them the assembly was still attached. I already searched, googled and posted on most MB forums I belong, but wondered if any here has ever successfully removed it.

Thanks

Migue
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
u mean the vent infront of the windshield? the vent is attached by those torx screws and clipped on,so grab a very small flat head screwdriver and pop/bend the clips carefully as you lift the vent. You also have to remove your windshield washer nozzle assy off,it`s easy just unclip the hose that runs along the vent and remove the nozzle ends from underneath the sprayers and that should be it.

I`d remove the washer hose first so you don`t have to fiddle with it while that long vent is off and risk hitting your hood or windshield.

Hope this helps.

Migue

David Fermani
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I removed the hood vents on a SL a while back and it was pretty simple. Are you sure you removed all the screws/bolts? There`s a rubber seal that wraps around the vent that can make it tricky to loosen. Not sure what`s up with a C-class? Can you post a pic from both sides? I can give you the number to a local MB dealer Body Shop that can help you out too.

imported_dirtdiggler
08-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys for the reply. After reading your informative reply I was able to remove the louvers. It was a pain and i did manage to break on of the clips.. I basically taped up the painted areas and used my plastic trim tools to pry them up slowly. I was able to remove and thoroughly clean and seal the surface of the assemblies.

Thanks again.