PDA

View Full Version : Lexol feedback

solekeeper
07-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, curious about how you guys feel about lexol cleaner and coniditioner?

I`ve used it before, and works ok for what I need to do.. (I don`t do any cars that have major interior damage) Does anything in either harm the leather in anyway?

Junebug
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
I`ve used it a long time ago, but moved on to just using a good APC 10:1 or woolite and Optimum Protectant. I found the Lexol cleaner to be really sudsy and a pain to rinse completely. The conditioner was smelly and stayed tacky unless you went over it a few times with a dry cloth. I still have the Lexol collecting dust and spider crap in the garage - I really need to toss it!

todd@bsaw
07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I`ve used it a long time ago, but moved on to just using a good APC 10:1 or woolite and Optimum Protectant. I found the Lexol cleaner to be really sudsy and a pain to rinse completely. The conditioner was smelly and stayed tacky unless you went over it a few times with a dry cloth. I still have the Lexol collecting dust and spider crap in the garage - I really need to toss it!

95% ditto (use Meg`s Leather Conditioner). I just cleaned up my detail shelving and threw the Lexol in a box into the basement.

tmg19103
08-01-2010, 12:23 AM
I like the Lexol cleaner, but the conditioner leaves the leather looking kind of shiny, which I hate. I now use OPP as cleaner and conditioner.

imported_BobbyG
08-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Lexol conditioner works but the leather is treated and sealed when it gets to us so I`m wondering what these products actually do. I`ve been using Meguiar`s M40 on my interiors and like it allot, so it`s my go to product for interiors.

solekeeper
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I guess I`ll stick with the cleaner. What conditioner do you guys like to use? (I don`t want anything glossy)

Thanks!

(901)
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Weird, I find there cleaner is useless, but love the conditioner (and so do my clients)

Regards,

Odd Ball Out

Accumulator
08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
I`m relatively neutral about the cleaner, but yeah, it does take a lot of rinsing.

I`m using up my Lexol conditioner on things like dog leads. Gotta be careful as it can overcondition some leathers, resulting in tearing around stitching (this happened with a pair of moccasins) and/or oversoftening to where the leather won`t hold its original shape (this happened with a leather holster).

For satin/matte conditioners, I like Sonus and, especially, LeatherMasters.

FDNY1075
08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I like Surf City Voodoo for cleaning & conditioning. It leaves the leather clean, supple and genuinely smells like fresh leather...

solekeeper
08-01-2010, 08:37 PM
is that an all in one?^