PDA

View Full Version : Uncoated leather work boot care

8Banger
07-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I know this doesn`t appl to this section, but this is the closest section I could find, since peple seem to post a lot about leather in here. I just bought a pair of uncoated leather work boots a week and and they already look pretty rough, since I work in a refinary. I want to clean them up and treat them with mink oil. The problem is I do nit know what will be gentle enough on the bare leather, but strong enough to clean off the grease, oil and dirt that`s accumulated on them. Is it okay if I apply leatherique before the mink oil, or is that too strong? I would upload pictures but I don`t know how to from the iPhone;

thanks for the help!

Btw, I tried the search feature a few times and nothing came up that would answer my question.

8Banger
07-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Another question, what can I apply before the leatherique to knock off the initial layer of crap, that`s still safe for uncoated leather?

imported_DetailDan
07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
I believe leatherique was originally designed for uncoated leather.

wascallyrabbit
07-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Leather Cleaning Restoration Forum - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.leathercleaningrestorationforum.com/forum/index.php) should give you some ideas of how and what to use.

Accumulator
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
wascallyrabbit- Thanks for that link, I have a new (but already filthy) pair of Redwings and, having run out of my old heavy-duty leather cleaner, I was wondering what I oughta do before reoiling them (I`m gonna use Redwing Boot Oil, if only because I have a gallon can of it).