PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Super Finish Polish

Audiguru
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
anybody here like the Menzerna Super Finish Polish

RaskyR1
07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Meguiars #9 is really out of place in your process as it`s the least aggressive of all those polishes listed. Are you using only LC pads?

Audiguru
07-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Meguiars #9 is really out of place in your process as it`s the least aggressive of all those polishes listed. Are you using only LC pads?

yes i am using LC CCS smart pads 6.5 inch

Audiguru
07-28-2010, 02:17 PM

the m105 somtimes i do not use....depends on what the finish is like and also if i need to do spot work

Setec Astronomy
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM
I think you`re missing the point--Meg`s #9 is less aggressive than 205, but you`re listing it as your intermediate polishing step.

Audiguru
07-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I think you`re missing the point--Meg`s #9 is less aggressive than 205, but you`re listing it as your intermediate polishing step.

im still a noob.....could i use presta light cutting creme in the intermidite polishing step?

Setec Astronomy
07-28-2010, 05:38 PM
You`re still missing the point--why don`t you switch the #9 and the 205? The idea is to progess from coarser to finer polishes and pads. Or 105/yellow, 105/orange, 205/gray...I`m not even sure you need a yellow pad with the 105...how about 105/orange, 105/white, 205/gray? I don`t think the methodology you`re following is taking best advantage of the SMAT abrasives.

RaskyR1
07-29-2010, 07:40 AM
You`re still missing the point--why don`t you switch the #9 and the 205? The idea is to progess from coarser to finer polishes and pads. Or 105/yellow, 105/orange, 205/gray...I`m not even sure you need a yellow pad with the 105...how about 105/orange, 105/white, 205/gray? I don`t think the methodology you`re following is taking best advantage of the SMAT abrasives.

Yep! I agree with Setec that the yellow LC is not a great pad as it marrs the heck out of the finish. 90% of the time M105 on an orange pad will achieve the results you are looking for. Depending on the paint all you should need to do is follow it with M205 and a white or black pad. Some paints may benefit from another step and most people will use PO85D, FPII, 106fa, or UF to refine the finish further. #9 can actually be used as a jeweling polish too but the others seem better IMO.

Hope that helps. I can PM you a good chart they created over on TID if you like which shows the aggressiveness between Megs and Menz polishes and pads. :)

JohnKleven
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I use Menzerna Super Finish on almost every car that I do. Sometimes 85rd if the paint is really really soft, but Super Finish and 85rd finish the same, but Super Finish has a little more cut from the start.

John

Audiguru
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Yep! I agree with Setec that the yellow LC is not a great pad as it marrs the heck out of the finish. 90% of the time M105 on an orange pad will achieve the results you are looking for. Depending on the paint all you should need to do is follow it with M205 and a white or black pad. Some paints may benefit from another step and most people will use PO85D, FPII, 106fa, or UF to refine the finish further. #9 can actually be used as a jeweling polish too but the others seem better IMO.

Hope that helps. I can PM you a good chart they created over on TID if you like which shows the aggressiveness between Megs and Menz polishes and pads. :)

Thanks for the advice....i willbe using a orange pad from now on with the 105. i would like for you to PM the chart....ill print it out and keep it with my suplies.