PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Top Fading?

Pov
07-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi. First post but I`ve been lurking for a while. I did a search and cannot find an answer to this question, and would appreciate some help. I have 2008 Mustang GT convertible with a fabric (not vinyl) top. The top is black. I bought the car new in May 2009 and now I am seeing spots where the top seems to be fading to grey. The fading is mostly, but not exclusively, in areas where the top folds when it is retracted, as well as a couple of spots on the edges.

I use Raggtopp cleaner and fabric protectant. The cleaner almost every time I wash the car and I use the protectant maybe once every couple of months, so I can`t imagine that the top is not as well protected as it could possibly be.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate the faded spots and keep them from reappearing? Thanks.

salty
07-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Common to see them change color at bend spots.

Street5927
07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree that this is common in the bend areas where the fabric may rub against itself. I had the same problem with my convertible, even when regularly cleaning/protecting with the Raggtopp products. You may want to contact the HAARTZ company for some advice. They are one of the largest manufacturers of convertible top material. They may have some advice. Here is a phone number for their Massachusettes Plant. Tel: +1.978.264.2600