PDA

View Full Version : need more than swirl mark removel. need advice

rightaway
07-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I have Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover but need something more to get some deeper scratches out. what do you think is the best step. its a black car. what color pad? how does the a different products get rid of scratches better than other ones? i`ll be using a pc. what speed should i use?

rightaway
07-28-2010, 09:14 AM
who has the best pricing on the M105/M205, orange/white pads and right now, i`m running 6" on a pc. what smaller be better to get rid of scratch?

Accumulator
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
rightwaway- What you need primarily depends on the paint in question...not its *color* but rather its hardness/softness.

Different products had different types of abrasives (larger/smaller, sharper/duller, diminishing/not) and different types of carrier agents (oils/lubes/etc.). They`re simply *different* (often more just plain different than "better/worse") and some people like one thing and others another.

I`ve never used that Pinnacle product, so I can`t comment on it. But I can say that if M105 doesn`t do a job, then that job probably shouldn`t be done ;)

You might also look into the new spray compound/polish from Optimum. I haven`t used those either, but I bet they`re great.

IMO that 6" pad is a waste of time. Yeah, smaller would be better and while some like 5.5" pads I go all the way to 4" for correction via PC.

Sorry, no idea who has good prices, I shop more by service than pricepoint :nixweiss