PDA

View Full Version : questions about blackfire wet diamond

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

04impala
07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
1. can it be used on glass

2. how long do i need to wait before i go over the vehicle with a QD to ensure everything is off

thats all i can think of for now, but feel free to add your own questions as well.

imported_lmg_35c
07-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Just ordered this myself but from what I`ve read there is no need to top BFWD with anything. Two very thin coats a few hours apart seem to be what others are saying.

Patiently waiting for the BFWD polish and sealant to arrive. Bought it to try on my G35 Twilight Blue Coupe but I also have an Azurite Blue Outback with lots of rubber and plasic trim. Do I need to mask the trim or will BFWD be safe?

Mindflux
07-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Just ordered this myself but from what I`ve read there is no need to top BFWD with anything. Two very thin coats a few hours apart seem to be what others are saying.

Patiently waiting for the BFWD polish and sealant to arrive. Bought it to try on my G35 Twilight Blue Coupe but I also have an Azurite Blue Outback with lots of rubber and plasic trim. Do I need to mask the trim or will BFWD be safe?

BFWD requires 8 hours to cure. I can`t say I`ve ever seen anyone mention putting two coats on consecutively within a couple hours of each other.

For ultimate depth and wetness, apply one coat of Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection and allow to cure for eight hours

Seen under "Optional Top Coat" here: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond
All Finish Paint Protection (http://www.properautocare.com/blacallfinpa.html)

hplaceap
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
1. can it be used on glass

2. how long do i need to wait before i go over the vehicle with a QD to ensure everything is off

thats all i can think of for now, but feel free to add your own questions as well.

1. I use BFWD on glass on all my cars. Works out extremely well. I would never think of keeping my glass `bare` anymore. Note that the front windshield may be a tiny bit streaky initially until any residue is wiped away by the wipers over time.

2. I use the BFWD QD whenever I wash my cars. Great product. So, for me, I used the BFWD QD the first time I washed my car after the intial application of BFWD.

04impala
07-24-2010, 10:57 PM
2. I use the BFWD QD whenever I wash my cars. Great product. So, for me, I used the BFWD QD the first time I washed my car after the intial application of BFWD.

do you use it directly after the initial application, or do you wait several hours.

how does the QD do? i might have to try some out. does it streak a lot, does it have relatively good cleaning properties, can you actually tell a visible difference from other QDs?

Rob Tomlin
07-25-2010, 10:19 AM
I always wait before wiping down the paint with a QD after applying a new coat of wax (I don`t care what kind of LSP it is) in order to avoid any disturbance in the curing process. I would wait at least 12 hours.

Doesn`t mean that you will have a problem if you do it sooner, I just like to be sure.

David Fermani
07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I did my wife`s minivan yesterdeay and used BFWD, immediately followed by OSW and Z8. Looked awsome!! BFWD`d the glass and didn`t wait between all the toppers. Super slick threesome.

hplaceap
07-25-2010, 04:09 PM
do you use it directly after the initial application, or do you wait several hours.

how does the QD do? i might have to try some out. does it streak a lot, does it have relatively good cleaning properties, can you actually tell a visible difference from other QDs?

I did not use it after the initial application; I waited until after the first time I washed the cars.

The BFWD QD does not streak and makes the paint very slick. I have not used every QD on the market, but I can say the BFWD QD was better than the OTC ones I have used previously. A little goes a long way.

Legacy
07-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I did my wife`s minivan yesterdeay and used BFWD, immediately followed by OSW and Z8. Looked awsome!! BFWD`d the glass and didn`t wait between all the toppers. Super slick threesome.That`s a mean combo. What is OSW?

Mindflux
07-25-2010, 05:19 PM
That`s a mean combo. What is OSW?

Optimum spray wax would be my guess :)

David Fermani
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Yup - Optimum Car Wax

Test Product (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/owax.htm?li=4)

imported_lmg_35c
07-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Does anyone have advice about BFWD effect on black plastic / rubber trim? Do I need to mask it all off or can I just coat it with Back to Black or Megs Ultimate before applying the sealant?

swan
07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have advice about BFWD effect on black plastic / rubber trim? Do I need to mask it all off or can I just coat it with Back to Black or Megs Ultimate before applying the sealant?

I wouldn`t apply it directly. I got some on a 1993 Lincolns trim around the window and since the trim was aged it looked like crap. All blotchy. One other time I got some on black trim and it just shined it up. But I don`t know about long term what it will do. Best to be safe than sorry.

1320Str8_liner
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Newbie, I have a few questions, am going to try the BFWD, but

*how do I take off the current sealer and wax layering, I have on vehicle now, before I start with the new?

* I didn`t realize you could use sealer on the windows, I thought you needed special stuff for glass, so how do you prep the glass, or do you do it the same as paint?

* what can I use to get out a few soft water spots, before applying the sealer?

imported_Bert
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Generally before applying a sealant, I like to use an aio or a sealant friendly paint cleaner. I am assuming Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish would fill this role in the Blackfire line?