PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Nano Lack (paint) protect

Pages : [1] 2 3

badwrx
07-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi ladies and lads-

I just got my hands on some uber-expensive Sonax Nano Lack (Paint) protect here in Germany. It ran me 40 Euro for 50ml. That is supposed to be enough for one car. I have noticed that autogeek isn`t selling this on their website with the rest of their Sonax products. The product is from the "profiline" (it is also marketed under the "premium class" line, but only claims 9 months. I suspect they are the same) and claims to bead water for up to 12 months. I am going to polish up my new Skoda Octavia Combi (Gunmetal Gray) with my new Flex 3401 and Wolfgang prep products, and then seal it with this product. I will be sure to take pictures of before and after, and update on durability as I go along.

Does anybody else have any dealings with this product? To be quite frank, I am excited, because I have 3 cars (`09 E90 BMW M3 in Space Gray, a `04 Honda Fit (JDM) in Silver, and the Skoda) and I need to protect them through these hellacious German winters. My cars took a beating last year, and they were Klasse twins`d.

Here is a video on the product:

YouTube - SONAX PremiumClass Nano Paint Protect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwE3qIErjqY)

Take care,

Andy

porta
07-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Andy, this is a great product and I am sure it will last you one year. I have this on my mother in Laws car, never washed after application (may 25th 2010) and I think it`s time this weekend.

Remember to clean the paint after polishing, with either a alkalie wash, Sonax paint prepp(their aerosol can) IPA or similar.

Work only on one panel at a time, look at the video a couple of time and follow the steps.

Good luck!

badwrx
07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks! I didn`t get to start the job because of the weather. I did practice on the hood of the Skoda with the Flex, and was very impressed with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant version 3.0. for a 2 year old car, I pulled a lot of garbage off of the paint with clay. It is terrible how some people take care of their cars. I just bought the car, so she will be babied and taken care of by me. It is a polymer sealant, but is warm like a carnuba. I am thinking that I am going to try the Nano Lack Protect on the BMW instead of the Skoda.

porta
07-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I "washed" my mother in laws car, wich I coated in may (26th?) it have never been washed since. I foamed the car with a alkalie tfr(trafic film remover) and then used the pressur washer, I got all the bugs, road film and all the dirt of. The sonax coating did a great job, sheeted like crazy and left me with a great gloss.

tonipieleanu
07-28-2010, 02:05 AM
How do you apply it? Considering it`s a spray, do you spray on an applicator and wipe on like a regular sealant or do you spray it directly on the car?

porta
07-28-2010, 04:31 AM
I sprayed on a small area (40*40 cm), and then used a very thin mf-towel, looks like a piece of paper and spread it properly. The the next area, after I have spread the next area, I went back and wiped it off with a mf-towel.

tonipieleanu
07-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks porta!

Do you think you can coat 2 cars with the 50ml spray? Or is it just for one car?

DM101
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Where can you buy Sonax Nano Lack (paint) protect ???????

The nano paint sealant with applicator. I`d be glad to pay someone by paypal to ship

me this.

Alfisti
07-28-2010, 10:03 AM
That`s an excellent video. You really need to be a pro or have the Autopian sickness to do it right. So...another silicate based sealant to try. ;)

tonipieleanu
07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Where can you buy Sonax Nano Lack (paint) protect ???????

The nano paint sealant with applicator. I`d be glad to pay someone by paypal to ship

me this.

You can get from here --> My SONAX shop - Premium Class NANO Danga da (http://www.mysonaxshop.lt/sonax-premium-class-car-care/159-sonax-premiumclass-nano-paint-protect-nano-pro-4064700226944.html)

I think they can ship it to the US...

I would buy it for you and send it but it`s not available in Romania yet. Only the spray version from Profi-line is available.

Alfisti
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Here`s the kit:

http://www.sonax.com/images_content/katalog_download/226941.jpg

steelwind101
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Hmm! Looks really good! I wondered if anyone had used bug or tar remover on the sealant though? I do about 17K a year in my Prius and i just cant go a couple of months with out needing to do a bit of extra cleaning.

tonipieleanu
07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
In the presentation video they use bug, tree sap and tar remover after the coating was applied and state that you should you these products to remove the contaminants as soon as possible as they may damage the coating. So I guess it`s safe to use them...

imported_Bence
07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Toni, the spray/applicator combo is the same as the Premium Class, without the added stuff - and significantly cheaper.

tonipieleanu
07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Bence. Did you use it? What did you think of it?

Do you think the Sonax Nano Lack Prepare (spray cleaner) is mandatory before using the coating? Or is an IPA wipedown enough?

Looking at the MSDS of the Lack Prepare it looks like a spray solvent to remove grease and polish lubricants.