PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to remove Zaino?

Pages : [1] 2

JPW
07-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I probably have about 3 coats of Z2 on my car. I would like to remove it and try FK1000P. However, because Zaino products don`t seem to be like a carnuba wax (I think they are a polymer) I`m not exactly sure what is best. Is just washing the car with Dawn Ultra enough? I`ve read about doing an Isopropyl Alcohol Wipe, but I get a little worried that is too aggresive. Can anyone suggest the best way to be sure I completely remove the Zaino so I can start back fresh?

Mindflux
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
FK1000P is a sealant in paste form. You can probably get away with just layering it over the Zaino for testing purposes.

If you want to strip the car a dawn wash should do it, however.

RaskyR1
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
There are plenty of pre-wax cleaners on the market you can use. CG Vertua Bond 408 work well. The EZ Creme Glaze is great too.

steelwind101
07-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I would ALWAYS apply a paintwork cleanser before switching products. Washing it with dawn or APC wont clean the paintwork pores and leave the finish free of old products so new products can get a chance to really bond (in the case of a sealant).

Meguiars Step 1 or Mothers Phase 1 cost about $5 in Walmart or Target and would do the job.

94 NDTA
07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Get a spray bottle, and use half and half water and rubbing alcohol. That will work as well.

JPW
07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow, not exactly what I expected. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat and to remove zaino. To summarize:

1. Dawn Ultra will remove Zaino

2. Dawn Ultra won`t remove Zaino

3. FK1000P is a sealant, just add it over the Zaino

4. Use a pre-wax cleaner, but it doesn`t seem to me that CG Ventura Bond and EZ Creme glaze are? They seem like they protect more.

5. Meguiars Step 1 or Mothers Phase 1

6. a concentration of half water and half rubbing alcohol

I struggle to understand what might be best.

Mindflux
07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Like you said, there`s more than one way to skin a cat. Why not email Sal@zainobros.com or support@zainobros.com (or both) and ask what they recommend for stripping Zaino. Post back if they respond because it`s been a long standing argument as to what Sal actually recommends for this.

jmsc
07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
subscribing.

JPW
07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Like you said, there`s more than one way to skin a cat. Why not email Sal@zainobros.com or support@zainobros.com (or both) and ask what they recommend for stripping Zaino. Post back if they respond because it`s been a long standing argument as to what Sal actually recommends for this.

Will do. However, I have called and spoken to them before and can`t say I was really impressed. I also e-mailed them once and got a response that they were at a convention and I should resubmit my e-mail at a later date. That sort of put me off since it was sent in an e-mail. They could obviously have a similar response, but simply build a queue of e-mails and then respond when they returned and had time. They just don`t seem all that friendly and after I`ve spent $300 on their products I would like to think they could answer just one or two questions. Anyway, I`ll try again and see whether they are more open and available now. Again, I`ll report back anything they pass on.

Mindflux
07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
You could call and ask for Sal. I`ve spoken to him a couple of times via phone. :)

swan
07-23-2010, 10:23 AM
The garbage man? :chuckle:

Mindflux
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
the garbage man? :chuckle:

booooo! (hiss!)

steelwind101
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow, not exactly what I expected. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat and to remove zaino. To summarize:

4. Use a pre-wax cleaner, but it doesn`t seem to me that CG Ventura Bond and EZ Creme glaze are? They seem like they protect more.

I struggle to understand what might be best.

These are not effect prewax cleaners. EZ Creme is much more about looks then and Vertura Bond more about the bondable surface it leaves behind.

Prewax cleaner will do everything Meguiars and Mothers first steps are prewax cleaners/paintwork cleaners. It similar to polishing but with out the abrasive....just all the cleaning.

Geoff

loco
07-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I would certainly think Klasse AIO would get rid of Zaino.

JPW
07-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Will do. However, I have called and spoken to them before and can`t say I was really impressed. I also e-mailed them once and got a response that they were at a convention and I should resubmit my e-mail at a later date. That sort of put me off since it was sent in an e-mail. They could obviously have a similar response, but simply build a queue of e-mails and then respond when they returned and had time. They just don`t seem all that friendly and after I`ve spent $300 on their products I would like to think they could answer just one or two questions. Anyway, I`ll try again and see whether they are more open and available now. Again, I`ll report back anything they pass on.

Sal`s response is below. It doesn`t appear Meguiars offers their Body Scrub product any more.

`If you want to go back to Conventional Wax after using Zaino. Then you can just

wax

right over Zaino....

If you want to completely remove Zaino prior to using Wax, which is unecessary,

then just use

Mequiars body scub or any abrasive cleaner wax.... "