PDA

View Full Version : ONR as clay lube dilution ratio?

imported_garyo
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
When you use ONR as a clay lube what is the dilution ratio?

Thanks

someidiot
07-21-2010, 05:39 PM
This thread suggests 2oz ONR per 1 gallon water

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/113318-onr-definitive-thread.html

BigAl3
07-21-2010, 05:41 PM
2oz`s to one gallon of water...

New Skool
07-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I was actually told in an email from David that ONR can be mixed at 8oz per gallon of water as a spray and wipe product and a clay lube.

Leadfootluke
07-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I was actually told in an email from David that ONR can be mixed at 8oz per gallon of water as a spray and wipe product and a clay lube.

Yes, I use it at 8oz/1gal for that exact reason. A little dusting, finger prints, etc and I use it as a detail spray. Cleans and restores gloss nicely. Many use it at that dilution to clean windows too. I will often pretreat more sever areas on the vehicle before an ONR wash as well [obviously not too bad if I am using ONR].

john1r
09-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as long as I stick with the ratio of 2 oz of ONR to 1 gallon of water, can I modify it to fit whatever spray bottle I have? For example, I don`t need a whole gallon of clay lubricant, so can I just use 1 oz of ONR to 1/2 gallon of water? Or even 1/2 oz of ONR to 1/4 gallon of water? Or is it really best to have those 2 oz of ONR in there?

Thanks!

swan
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as long as I stick with the ratio of 2 oz of ONR to 1 gallon of water, can I modify it to fit whatever spray bottle I have? For example, I don`t need a whole gallon of clay lubricant, so can I just use 1 oz of ONR to 1/2 gallon of water? Or even 1/2 oz of ONR to 1/4 gallon of water? Or is it really best to have those 2 oz of ONR in there?

Thanks!

Yes you can.

Another question regarding ONR as clay lube. Anyone else notice how when you first mix it, the water turns blue but turns almost clear after a while? Thought I picked up the wrong bottle the first few times.

Why does it do this?

john1r
09-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Yes you can.

Another question regarding ONR as clay lube. Anyone else notice how when you first mix it, the water turns blue but turns almost clear after a while? Thought I picked up the wrong bottle the first few times.

Why does it do this?

Thanks. I ended up using it yesterday morning and made it a bit stronger than clay ratio but a bit weaker than QD ratio (as some people said the clay ratio was a bit weak for them). Anyways, after 3 hours it was still blue, I haven`t checked it since though. I have the new formula ONR by the way.