PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

CLDean
07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Howdy all,

Obviously, I am a new guy to the forum here at autopia - what a wonderfully informative and friendly forum site from what I have seen thus far.

We live in Wichita, KS for now. I am a pilot, and getting ready to head back to the sandbox that is the Middle East. I want to get as much done with respect to detailing as I can before I head out (though, I`ll be back several times throughout the year).

I came upon this forum because I was looking for detailing information on the cars that my wife and I have. We have 4 - a 2000 Toyota Solara Camry SLE, 2002 GMC Envoy SLT, 1994 BMW 318iC, and 2001 BMW 750iL. The bimmers are our babies where the other two are the every day do everything cars. For detailing purposes, the Toyota and GMC will be the test cars before moving on to the bimmers.

I have purchased a Flex DA, have hydrotech pads, M-105 and M-205, Meguiar`s clay bar, and caranuba wax.

Thanks for everyone`s post up to this point - they are so very informative. I look forward to reading and learning more from everyone in here.

Have a wonderful day!

Chris

CupCate18
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Welcome!!! I`m not the best at detailing, but I appreciate a good looking car. Good luck with it and post pics when you do them!!! You`ll be impressed with the different texture of your paint after using a clay bar. :)

CLDean
07-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks! I appreciate that. And, I will post pics - there will be heaps of pics...LOL.