PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner Which??

Pages : [1] 2

97F1504x4
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Title pretty much says it all. Just curious what everyone is using for wheel cleaners. Also state if you use it for Chrome only, Aluminum or all wheel types.

Richard

Sherman8r44
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
PB`s S&R for most rims, diluted 3:1 water to Oil Eater Degreaser/APC (from Costco) on the Aluminum and chrome.

Beemerboy
01-23-2006, 09:03 PM
PB`s S&R for most rims, diluted 3:1 water to Oil Eater Degreaser/APC (from Costco) on the Aluminum and chrome.

I`ll second on the PB product as for the degreasers I don`t use that on any wheels anymore not had the best of luck with degreasers on Aluminum polished and clear coated, I find that using PB and mixing with water at 4/1 it works great and full strength if needed

StinkyPinky
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
I find the PB to be too expensive even when dilluting. I have had awesome success with Meguiars Wheel Brightner dilluted 4:1 as the directions state. I believe it is like $19 a gallon at PAC not including discount.

More delicate wheels I use Detailers Pride Wheel Gel.

SA Detailer
01-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Simple Green dilute 4to1
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/158/lpc10ez.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9046/lpc31ag.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1972/lpc24sb.jpg

Brenton
01-23-2006, 10:09 PM
I use an APC diluted 1:5 or so whenever possible. I find the JBL chrome wheels sometimes hold more degreaser haze, and will chase it with a diluted HF when necessary.

Mikeyc
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Right now I`m rotating between Megs Wheel Brightener and PB`s S&R for heavily soiled clear coated wheels. I like both of these cleaners equally, but the Megs is definitely cheaper being that 1 gallon of concentrate is ~$18. The PBs seems to work better in lower temperatures though.

For light cleaning I`m rotating between Detailer`s Pride Wheel & Tire Gel, Zymol Wheel Cleaner, and Menzerna Wheel Cleaner. I don`t ever clean non-clear coated wheels, but if I did I would use one of the last three mentioned.
I like the Zymol & Menzerna wheel cleaners equally. I don`t like the Detailer`s Pride as much. The DP gel IMO works better on the tires than on the wheels, but so far I`ve only used it in lower temperatures which definitely could have been a factor.

C. Charles Hahn
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I find the PB to be too expensive even when dilluting. I have had awesome success with Meguiars Wheel Brightner dilluted 4:1 as the directions state. I believe it is like $19 a gallon at PAC not including discount.

More delicate wheels I use Detailers Pride Wheel Gel.

Another vote for the Wheel Brightener here. I`ve been thrilled with it. I just picked up some of the more gentle Meguiar`s consumer-grade cleaner for delicate stuff.

TrueDetailer
01-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I use pure phosphoric acid cut 20 to 1 for heavy break dust, rust, etc. On chrome and coated wheels.

Automagics #48 Magnificent non acid wheel cleaner on uncoated and polished wheels. This stuff is awesome, It works like a strong acid based cleaner but it doesn`t burn or etch the wheel.

And i also use a degreaser that i get locally for light dirt and grime.

*Off - Topic*

Hey SADetailer. Do you have any other pictures? Nothing wrong with the ones you got now but it seems like everytime you post you use the same ones of the benz and bentleys. How about some updated ones?

Porkanbeans
01-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I use an APC and a wheel brush.

joe.p
01-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I`ve used Megs instant cleaner,Eagle one and Megs all wheel cleaner. i use SG for my whitewalls.

Do you think these wheel cleaners are to strong for a weekly cleaning?

Sherman8r44
01-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I`ve used Megs instant cleaner,Eagle one and Megs all wheel cleaner. i use SG for my whitewalls.

Do you think these wheel cleaners are to strong for a weekly cleaning?

IDK about the Meg`s All Wheel, but the other two are pretty strong for weekly cleaning. Consider sealing the wheels with Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant or something...then you`ll just need soap and water for awhile.

C. Charles Hahn
01-24-2006, 11:12 PM
IDK about the Meg`s All Wheel, but the other two are pretty strong for weekly cleaning. Consider sealing the wheels with Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant or something...then you`ll just need soap and water for awhile.

I`ve also had good results with Michelin Brake Dust Repellant, suprisingly.

G35stilez
01-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I currently use Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener.

For haggard, etched-in brake dust, cut 1:1 with distilled water.
For moderately dirty wheels, cut 2:1 with distilled water.
For lightly soiled wheels, cut 3:1 with distilled water.

Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener is a pretty strong cleaner so I`d suggest using at least gloves with it. If its windy out, eye protection and even a mouth mask would be reccomended. As with all wheel cleaning, make sure the wheels are cool and out of the sun. For the price and effectiveness, it is a good product, IMO.

The Fuzz
01-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Much better. No more Simple Green debates in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to argue.