PDA

View Full Version : Worst product thread. Might stir the pot a bit with this one.

Pages : [1] 2

94 NDTA
07-18-2010, 10:30 PM
This may be a different thread. What is the worst product you have used?

For me, it was Griots engine gloss.

God what a mess, it would gloss over, then flake over eventually and look horrible. Ended up being more of a mess than anything. Maybe I used it wrong, but I would not use it again.

Don`t know why I am holding onto it, but I am.

04impala
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
at work we had to wax a truck and we were told to use some turtle wax brand wax. that should be enough said. i guess it was easy to use but afterwards it felt like someone just lathered it with bacon grease.

3browns
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Poorboys Leather Stuff

Turned my Audi seat into an awful mess. It took me a week of cleaning, rinsing, drying, repeat, repeat to get the leather anywhere near back to normal. Luckily I only did one section of one seat.

It might be good for some types of leather but I will never take the chance again.

Anybody want 3/4 of a bottle of it?

Chilly

dlocks
07-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Again with the turtle wax... my "worst product" is the Turtle Wax "Total Interior Care" protectant. The product is alright but the bottle design is terrible. You never get a perfect amount of product, it always explodes out of the bottle because of the "stay clean" style cap.... I has earned its place on my "products I don`t use" shelf.

Rant Status: Complete

:) :)

-Derick

snoboarder8232
07-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Stoners "more shine" was terrible for me. It is EXTREMELY greasy even after a few days and only lasts about a week. I understand it used to be called "more shine less time" or something like that and it had great reviews. I`m wondering if they changed the formulation with the name change.

WAS
07-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Simoniz No-Touch-Shine. Armorall in a spray can, and it`s not sticky, it`s drippy and very thin. Spray it on anything and it just becomes a huge dripping mess.

dlocks
07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Stoners "more shine" was terrible for me. It is EXTREMELY greasy even after a few days and only lasts about a week. I understand it used to be called "more shine less time" or something like that and it had great reviews. I`m wondering if they changed the formulation with the name change.

Hmm. That`s a drag. I always liked "More Shine Less Time" (the original). I`ll have to scour my auto parts shops to snag all the old ones left :)

2007TBSS
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Griot`s wheel cleaner. Had no luck with it whatsoever. Removed nothing I couldn`t have gotten off with Dawn dish soap.

RaskyR1
07-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax!

longdx
07-19-2010, 04:18 PM
@RaskyR1: I agree with BM Wet Shine Liquid Wax. However, I liked BMWS spray wax as an wax to assist in drying. (Target used to sell the spray wax)

@dlocks: I like TW Interior Protectant but you are right, the bottle is designed poorly. I have yet to be able to properly regulate the amount coming out.

I throw Rejex in the mix. It is not a bad product, but way overpriced and there are newer sealants that have the same durability for less.

wannafbody
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Turtle Wax Ice polish

imported_01GreyStangGT
07-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax!

Hard to use. Decent durability but a pain to operate.

The Wraith
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Eagle One Nano-technology Spray Wax

Thank God Advance Auto Parts let me swap it for Meg`s Cleaner Wax with no fuss. Pure garbage

Mindflux
07-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Cherry wet wax gets my vote.

AikenForJeff
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Amor All Ultra Shine. Not only is the finish tacky, but the spray is so wide I got it on my interior glass and it took forever to get off.