PDA

View Full Version : Conventional car wash used as no-rinse

imported_NHBFAN
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
before the popularity of no-rinse car wash e.g. QEW and ONR, I used to use regular car wash and sometimes dump a few caps of QD for added lubrication in a 5 gallon bucket and use it for washing (being an apt dweller).

think in those days I used 1z Perls shampoo

If it was a warm day I`d wash and dry in small sections, on cooler days I`d wash the whole car before breaking out the drying towels

keep in mind this was for weekly washes, not if my vehicle was filthy

let the flamming begin :hide:

Tony1
07-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Where have you been? There have been several threads here recently about this. I have used regular wash as a no rinse with no problems and still do on wheels, wells, jambs, engine compartment and also when I do spot work I will wash the area with a regular car wash soap in a no rinse way. You won`t get flamed by me but I can tell you many of the product monkeys on here flamed me. I was called everything from a troll to basically stupid and I didn`t know what I was doing. Of course non of that BS from these clowns changed the facts that a regular car wash will work as a no rinse. Do a search you should find these threads easily.

Edit: I found them for you.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128829&page=1

http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130380&page=1

imported_NHBFAN
07-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Where have you been? There have been several threads here recently about this. I have used regular wash as a no rinse with no problems and still do on wheels, wells, jambs, engine compartment and also when I do spot work I will wash the area with a regular car wash soap in a no rinse way. You won`t get flamed by me but I can tell you many of the product monkeys on here flamed me. I was called everything from a troll to basically stupid and I didn`t know what I was doing. Of course non of that BS from these clowns changed the facts that a regular car wash will work as a no rinse. Do a search you should find these threads easily.

Edit: I found them for you.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128829&page=1

http://www.autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130380&page=1

Wow! That`s alot of reading.

Glad you took the heat. :)

I`ve never had streaking problems from regular car wash and even if I did it`s rare I`d wash and not follow up with a QD or AW or maybe OCW in the future. Takes about 10 minutes to extend your LSP and ensuring your paint is clean.

Mobile pros probably have the requirement for no-rinse products, but I don`t let my car get that dirty.

I still have QEW leftovers, but I won`t be purchasing ONR or any other "rinseless" product in the future.

Tony1
07-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow! That`s alot of reading.

Glad you took the heat. :)

I`ve never had streaking problems from regular car wash and even if I did it`s rare I`d wash and not follow up with a QD or AW or maybe OCW in the future. Takes about 10 minutes to extend your LSP and ensuring your paint is clean.

Mobile pros probably have the requirement for no-rinse products, but I don`t let my car get that dirty.

I still have QEW leftovers, but I won`t be purchasing ONR or any other "rinseless" product in the future.

If it works for you, and I`m not surprised it does, keep using it. What ever you do don`t be stupid and let closed minded product collecting monkey morons discourage you. You would think I suggested washing with battery acid the way some of them reacted. Whats funny is if any of then actually really tried it they would see it works but no they dump on it with out trying it. The ones who say they tried it are probably lying out their ***.

imported_NHBFAN
07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
If I had a limited water supply, e.g. 1 gallon, I would be more concerned about using a specialty rinseless product, but filling a 5 gallon bucket lets me "flood" the surface of my mid-size car adequately.

Tony1
07-18-2010, 08:07 PM
If I had a limited water supply, e.g. 1 gallon, I would be more concerned about using a specialty rinseless product, but filling a 5 gallon bucket lets me "flood" the surface of my mid-size car adequately.

Hey you use a conventional wash like a no rinse. You are a troll and you committed Autopian blasphemy. Keep it up and the ONR Gestapo will be all over you :har:

imported_NHBFAN
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey you use a conventional wash like a no rinse. You are a troll and you committed Autopian blasphemy. Keep it up and the ONR Gestapo will be all over you :har:

I`m just a rebel!

It`s my car and I`ll wash it as I see fit. :bat

Wait technically, it`s still the bank`s car. Guess I should call them to get approval of my wash method. :)

Rob Tomlin
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
I *love* Perls, but I wouldn`t use it as a rinseless wash.

But.....more power to you.

wannafbody
07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
This probably depends on the car wash and ratio. I tried it with NXT wash and felt it left too much soap film behind.

Tony1
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
This probably depends on the car wash and ratio. I tried it with NXT wash and felt it left too much soap film behind.

Well thats the thing. Experiment with ratios and different washes and it works.

Now some clown will post and ask "why bother experimenting with ratios and washes when I can just use ONR". My answer is to see that you can use a conventional wash for it and to see that rinsless washes are not radically different kinds of wash products. Also conventional washes can be purchased any where.

imported_NHBFAN
07-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I`ve done this out of necessity and truly think there`s no problem, but if I had a hose readily available I`d use it.

Plan to try SC Pacific Blue Wash & Wax as a rinseless next :nervous:

imported_NHBFAN
08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Plan to try SC Pacific Blue Wash & Wax as a rinseless next :nervous:

Used SC Pacific Blue Wash & Wax as a rinseless today and got some streaking. Although I was in the shade the temp here was about 100 degrees.

Very likely I made one of the following errors: used too concentrated of mixture/tried too large of an area without drying.

Used #425 to address the streaking and was very happy with the glow. Blue Wash & Wax definitely leaves something behind.

Next time I may plan to use SC Speed Demon as an after wash wipe down.